Huy Guys
Ok a newbie here, and just wondering if I am on the right forum.
I am another guy building his plasma table for cutting out 14 and 16 gauge mild steel. Looking at the Amazon stuff, but I am like a deer in the head lights when I get to this part. I am semi-retired and looking for a hobby making small signs and fascinated with motion travel.
I am at the part of building the steel table to cut only 4x4 sheets of metal due to the size of my small shop.
I am looking for advise on stepper motors , I have been racking my brain looking and reading for the past 6 months , I could purchase a ready built machine but the cost is way too much with shipping and duties and also the exchange rate here in Canada , so I love to build and weld stuff.
So here are a couple of things that I will be doing , taking in consideration keeping this simple and the weight of the axis down and not over building this project.
My x axis is running on Linear Rail Kits SBR20-1200mm Linear Slide Rails + Ball Screw SFU1605-1200mm Set with Coupler, BK/BF12, Ball Nut Housing. And this was purchase last year thinking I would go ahead and start the project at that time.
The frame for this table is 2x4 and 2x2 0.125 Steel except for the sides where it will be 0.188 thick to give be a little more meat for threads for the rails and slider.
The Y axis I trying to keep the weight down to around 20 pounds so my question here is that I am looking to purchase the steppers and drivers that will move this around there so many out there and I don’t want to over kill this build . Looking at the amazon stuff, butt I am like a deer in the head lights when I get to this part. I am semi-retired and looking for a hobby making small signs and fascinated with motion travel.
The Z axis I am purchasing already built here in Canada from a small company that just makes these
Here is a pic https://step-motion.com/products/z-a...ating-head-diy
I will be installing a THC control and I will be going with Hypertherm Max45 , unless there another machine that does just a good.
So once again advice for a complete kit steppers, drivers, power supplies, possibly Nema 425oz ?
Thanks Gang
PLasmadog ( I hate this name lol)