Purchasing an ATC Spindle I found the BOB I have been using for many years has finally run out of I/Os. Infact I have several inputs for tool setting and probing, in NO and NC configurations, which I have put a small board together with a LCC110 to accept these different inputs to go into one pin. Know what I mean?

Its become apparent I need to draw up my wiring diagram proper so I guess when I am dead, or if someone buys my machine (god forbid) they then have a chance of troubleshooting a fault. Although lets be real its all pretty basic stuff huh? Anyways...... I am drawing it up. And will label all my wire ends with sleeves/numbers/letters.

Upgrading to Mach 4. Am yet to draw in my PWM to Analog converter for spindle. Also to add is spindle I/Os for the ATC. That will come.

Now that I don't have to tie up several inputs into one pin. I am just checking that I am doing this correctly with a couple of questions for a elec Guru.

1) BOB#1 and BOB#2 Input Grounds. The pins on these two BOBs, 10,11,12,13,15 are opto isolated. I believe are on a 12vdc circuit. Is it correct that I would common up the grounds on these two boards, or is this a ground loop fault issue if I do? I would have thought this will work fine.

2) Now that I have a bunch of new input pins, is it best practice I have all these inputs on their own pins? Currently, I would have a probe, tool setter, and a flying lead with ground is connected to my frame. This gives me a bunch of options to set my Z.

3) Common BOB GND with the machine frame. Is this poor practice? The frame, everything, will be super bonded and grounded with a live earth about 5m from the machine.

4) The BOBs are Chinese using a USB input for their 5V power. Measuring the USB pins I have a direct line across to the PC5v pins. I am planning on powering the BOBs through these in the place of the USB lead. Make sense and not a wrong move?

5) Driver 2HSS86H has input parameters of 24-75VAC or 30-110VDC the highest of the two voltages I can input into these being 110VDC (I need to confirm) My thoughts are to go 110VDC because I hear the highest voltage I can run these on the better. Any preferences I might have missed? AC or DC or it doesn't matter?

6) I still need to work out my E-Stop circuit to safety my machine up.