586,391 active members*
3,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

B code on a 31i controller....

Hi all, happy new year...

Hope you can help me on this one...
    The machine is a jig grinder with 31i controller.
    Here's a part of the program..

---
    ---
    B100 (Select table 100, where are stored data for depth of cut, total to remove etc..)
    M20 B0 (M20 Sub to start chopping, up and down mouvement, and B0 is to select table 0 for data for up and down position of stroke, speed etc..).

My problem started when I did (by mistake) "B0" in MDI and did cycle start.
    Nothing happened, but now every time B100 is read, there's an alarme : AL34...

So I try to find how does the B code work in the controller, I know I can create custom G et M code, but B code I don't know how they are created or how they work !.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancuda View Post
    Hi all, happy new year...

Hope you can help me on this one...
    The machine is a jig grinder with 31i controller.
    Here's a part of the program..

---
    ---
    B100 (Select table 100, where are stored data for depth of cut, total to remove etc..)
    M20 B0 (M20 Sub to start chopping, up and down mouvement, and B0 is to select table 0 for data for up and down position of stroke, speed etc..).

My problem started when I did (by mistake) "B0" in MDI and did cycle start.
    Nothing happened, but now every time B100 is read, there's an alarme : AL34...

So I try to find how does the B code work in the controller, I know I can create custom G et M code, but B code I don't know how they are created or how they work !.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks a lot for your time.
    Could be the B axis cannot rotate in the direction you want, maybe due to soft limits or workpiece offsets.

Re: B code on a 31i controller....

Thanks for your reply,
    There was once a rotary table (B axis) connected to the control, but it isn't any more so I don't have any B axis,
    the B is related to a table selection that is use in the program. I try to find out what could B0 can change in the controller.