586,075 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hurco VM1

Hurco VM1

Hello everyone, help needed!!!
    I have a problem with VM1 machine. After reboot It wont calibrate. After pressing CYCLE START button, screen shows that calibration is online, but the machine do nothing and this process is limitless. It is needed to stop by pressing CYCLE STOP button, no alarm is generated. Other interesting thing - when pressing one of the multiplier buttons on the JOG UNIT, all three(x1 x10 x100) starts to light, Jog did not work. IS there any ideas friends?
    It seems like all axes is disabled or something like that....

Re: Hurco VM1

Your configuration has been lost. Re-load it from floppies and clear the ATC map.

Thanks bloke for Your reply. I have thought about this, but I'm not so strong in Hurco's machines. I think there is no such floppies exist anymore. Where can I get these original files? As I undestand, these files are lost/demaged in PS's HDD?

There is usually a black folder/binder in the back of the machine that holds the floppy discs with the options/config files

ScottishMachinist, thanks for rep. Yes, it OK I know that place, but there is no floppy discs...

Maybe someone has a copy of these floppy files or can make a copy and share with it. It would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by pakelaitis View Post
    Hello everyone, help needed!!!
    I have a problem with VM1 machine. After reboot It wont calibrate. After pressing CYCLE START button, screen shows that calibration is online, but the machine do nothing and this process is limitless. It is needed to stop by pressing CYCLE STOP button, no alarm is generated. Other interesting thing - when pressing one of the multiplier buttons on the JOG UNIT, all three(x1 x10 x100) starts to light, Jog did not work. IS there any ideas friends?
    It seems like all axes is disabled or something like that....
    Do you have the operator door closed and locked correctly including input signal?

Hi Servtech.
    I have not test it with multimeter or looked at the input map, but Control system should show a warning message, if something went wrong with doors, I think.