I have a robodrill with a 16imA control, I lost my params due to messing around with the mobo after I got a sysfail led. This turned out to be a psu that died in the ctrl cab behind the i/o board. so, new psu is in, and I loaded my sram in from a backup. well, it seems like its messed up. i get to the quick/nc screen and in there you can 'restore' parameters, etc. this sounds great, but the machine just keeps giving me the message to set the program protect key to the release position. this is the key sw on the ctrl panel. this switch isn't getting read by the machine as moving the sw has no effect. I have no way to exit the quick/nc screen either, and most functions inside those menus give the same message about the prog protect sw so I cannot view the params and many other things. I have no way to get out of the quick/nc screen to the normal screens where you can edit the parameters.

i have had issues with params in the past and at the time, i loaded by hand all the params into the ctrl from a paper copy. this paper copy didnt have nearly enough params on it, but after entering those, i was able to access the quick/nc screens and do a restore. I have tried this method, but this time doing it by hand does not get me into the quick/nc screen.

so, i'm stuck between this issue with the protect switch when loading sram from an sram card, and the manual entry method not getting me to where I need to be.

any experience with this out there? any idea how to get the machine to read the key sw? any idea how to get to a screen where i might read the key sw status from a ghost control (reset+delete) erased control?