586,797 active members*
3,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > Post Processor Files > SolidWorks - Gold partners - sheetmetal

SolidWorks - Gold partners - sheetmetal

Hi all,
    We have 4 seats of SW2007 and a large installation of Amada (Apellio / EMZ / Acute etc) and Salvagnini (S4 and S2) machines. At present we send our sheetmetal parts in flat pattern form as a DWG / DXF from SW to production who then transfer into native code for respective machines.
    We want a software package that can deal with all this AND create the post-proccessing code for all machines from within SW itself. I had alook at SigmaTEK - does anyone have any experience of their software and its capabilities?

Cheers
    steve

Post Sheet metal Software

Steve,

Take a look at the Wittlock Engineering software WE-CIM. I am currently using this software at my full time job and my part time job to program many different machines that include the Salvagnini S4 / P4. SigmaTEK is very good with lasers and plasmas but I am told it’s does not do very good with punching. You can look at Jetcam or Optimation as another source. http://www.wittlockeng.com/

Sincerely
    Independent CNC Programmer
    Home Page: http://www.ctcn.net/~3kings

Solidworks - SigmaTEK

Thanks for that. We have already had an initial meeting with SigmaTEK and they are very confident of finding an all-in solution. Furthermore, they tell us that in the coming moths, there will be a fully integrated system within SW2008 whereby tooling and nesting is carried out within the SW GUI enviroment (SolidPunch / SolidNest etc.) Sounds very interesting, though we will wait and see. I will post the outcome

All the best

Steve

Smile Curious

Hey Steve,

I'm just curious as to the outcome of your decision to run your Amada.

-CT

I program to a Finnpower SG using jetcam for files in DXF that were created in solidworks'09 right now at my job we also use solidworks to run autopol a bemnding software for our finnpower e brake
    I like Jetcam it can run many machines lasers punches and routers.