584,805 active members*
5,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > RichAuto A18 dsp controller 4 Axsis

RichAuto A18 dsp controller 4 Axsis

Hi there

Is there anyone who have a post conf file for fusion 360 that works with 4 axsis with this brand?. The one in lib in fusion only have 3 axsis...
    So im trying to find one that works with this controller...

Or maby an other software that i can use the 4 axsis in?

Best
    Eisen

Re: RichAuto A18 dsp controller 4 Axsis

Hi,
    when you say the existing Fusion post is three axis, how did you come to that conclusion?

The reason I ask is that most Fusion posts are at least four axis and in many cases five axis. As shipped from Autodesk however the fourth and fifth axis parts are turned off. A simple edit
    to the post turns those features back on.

That's what I did with my Mach4 post...it was 3 axis only, but a couple of keystrokes in the post editor turned on the fourth axis.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    That's what I did with my Mach4 post...it was 3 axis only, but a couple of keystrokes in the post editor turned on the fourth axis.

Craig
    How did you turn on the fourth axis with the post editor, Craig? I don't yet have a fourth axis but am planning on adding that this year and will need the capabilities in Fusion 360.
    David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop

Hi,
    all the required code to handle four axis was already in the Fusion post. It required that your 'turn on' the code in the machine definition which is a part of the post, assign an axis in the form of a vector
    about which the rotary axis rotates and specify its range of movement, ie a trunnion or a free running axis. A dozen keystrokes is all it took.
    The information that I needed to identify those statements within the post that I needed to edit I got from the Fusion forum.

Since that time I have studied the post a bit more closely largely because of the link to a 300page PDF on Autodesks post processors. Note that the Fusion posts are near identical to HSMworks
    and so on. There is a lot to digest. Much of the post looks mystifying because its written in Javascript which I've never had any exposure to. Once you start to get familiar with Javascript, and a good
    intro is in the PDF I mentioned, then the post starts to look a lot more comprehensible, including those features that you need to 'turn on' for multi-axis.

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/posts...ng%20Guide.pdf

Craig

Hi agian

In other post process conf files, you can choose to use the 4 axis. Because if you choose multi-axis "rotation" in fusion. And want to post just that job i made there.
    And i use richauto conf file from fusion lib. You get an error on this "OnOpen" function. And it wont compile the .nc file.
    Maby i can find an other post file for an other machine to generate the right gcodes....

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    all the required code to handle four axis was already in the Fusion post. It required that your 'turn on' the code in the machine definition which is a part of the post, assign an axis in the form of a vector
    about which the rotary axis rotates and specify its range of movement, ie a trunnion or a free running axis. A dozen keystrokes is all it took.
    The information that I needed to identify those statements within the post that I needed to edit I got from the Fusion forum.

Since that time I have studied the post a bit more closely largely because of the link to a 300page PDF on Autodesks post processors. Note that the Fusion posts are near identical to HSMworks
    and so on. There is a lot to digest. Much of the post looks mystifying because its written in Javascript which I've never had any exposure to. Once you start to get familiar with Javascript, and a good
    intro is in the PDF I mentioned, then the post starts to look a lot more comprehensible, including those features that you need to 'turn on' for multi-axis.

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/posts...ng%20Guide.pdf

Craig
    Thanks, Craig! I'll begin studying this soon.
    David
    Romans 3:23
    Etsy shop opened 12/1/17 - CurlyWoodShop

Hi,

You get an error on this "OnOpen" function. And it wont compile the .nc file.
    Maby i can find an other post file for an other machine to generate the right gcodes....
    But that is exactly the sort of error that you would get if you have a four axis toolpath but do not have a four axis machine definition in your post, and that in turn is often only a matter
    of turning that feature on in the post.

Have you had a look inside the post and seen if there are any multi-axis definitions in there? There may well be, many if not most Fusion posts are multi-axis, but 'de-tuned' to three axis
    for release.

Why don't you ask on the Fusion forum, the Manufacturing sub-board. Someone will surely know if the post has four or even five axis code.

Craig

Hi there

We found a other post pros.
    In sted of useing the richauto post pros.
    You just use the "HAAS - A-axis (pre-NGC)" and edit this file here to change the X Z

If you have the A axsis in X direction on your table....

if (true) {
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[(getProperty("makeAAxisOtherWay") ? -1 : 1) * -1, 0, 0], cyclic:true, preference:0});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis);

And you have your A axsis in Y direction on your table:
    if (true) {
    var aAxis = createAxis({coordinate:0, table:true, axis:[(getProperty("makeAAxisOtherWay") ? -1 : 1) * 0, -1, 0], cyclic:true, preference:0});
    machineConfiguration = new MachineConfiguration(aAxis);

Hope this help the next guy who have richauto controller, we use Rickauto A18

Eis

Autodesk Fusion 360 has a post processor library that includes post processors for 4-axis machines1. You can also use Fusion 360 to explore the possibilities of 4-axis machining for your next project2. Fusion 360 will change the geometry selection capabilities if it recognizes the creation of a 4th axis wrapped toolpath2.
    https://pokolorujto.pl/
    You can also try DeskProto Multi-Axis edition which supports up to one continuous helix toolpath for rotary machining and more3. UGS, cncjs, and OpenBuilds Control are some of the best CNC GRBL controller software4.

I hope this helps!

Hey there! I've been using the RichAuto A18 DSP controller for my CNC setup, and it's been fantastic. The precision it offers is truly impressive. Also, I recently came across the Hydrogen executor in Roblox, and it's been a game-changer for enhancing my gaming experience. It's amazing how technology is advancing in different domains!