Hi all

Normally I would not ask this, I would simply connect up some switches and see how it all works but I have built the board into an enclosure that is very neat and incorporated securely into my mill stand, but a pain to work on for quick jobs like this. Please also excuse me not being intimately familiar with the terms used, that's part of my confusion i suspect

I bought a four way 'joystick' which is essentially a four way switch, and the intention is to make a hand held controller box that has the three axes controlled both for single press incremental movement (jog?) and also the joystick to move the X or Y axis continually while the joystick is in the appropriate position. However looking in the user manual, I can only find outputs for the Jog function, and a reference to 'jog mode'. On the software controller you have both movement types concurrently but the impression I get is that for an external controller, you can only have one button, and use the alt function to cycle between continual or single increment motion. I want a press button for the incremental movement in each axis direction, and to use the joystick and a two way momentary toggle switch for the X, Y and Z axes continual movement respectively, equating to a total of 12 switches.

I want to avoid the need to switch between modes, because if nothing else I know I will end up using it in the wrong mode at some point and screw up

So am I understanding the set up correctly or am I missing something?

Thanks

Les