586,067 active members*
5,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TNC150 memory upgrade?

Hi. Tried the search function but did´nt find anything of interest!
    Is there any way to upgrade the internal memory of the TNC150 so you can use more than 1200blocks? Would be great when we´re using programs that´s over 5000blocks and have to run/erase/upload/run and so on....

Also have a question about the parameters. We rewrited new parameters yesterday due to a battery failure, but when we run the program we need to press the start button the first 3 blocks until the machine takes over and runs the following blocks for itself. Does any of you know how to fix this small but annoying problem?

Thanks.

/Johan

OviksNC/Sweden.

re

No memory upgrades, not a PC.......

I don't think that the parameters are the source of your problem, I think there may be a programming error, IE, an M0 at the end of the first three lines or something

This was not meant to be a 3D machine. When it was made in the middle 1980's most programs were written by hand and were short.
    You may have some safety lines in the beginning of your program. I can think of the first cycle start to start the program This should be followed by a tool change. This requires a cycle start again. So I can account for 2. You have to read and understand the program and machine to figure out the third cycle start. Try this. After the tool change, start the spindle and then hit cycle start.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok thanks! It´s a great machine for a small amount of money. To bad with the memory i saw this yesterday the first lines in the program does´nt make any sense. It works perfectly now.

Thanks.
    /Johan.
    OviksNC/Sweden.