586,033 active members*
3,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad customer experience
Page 4 of 4 234

Re: Bobcad customer experience

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    bobcad support has been great for me to but lets face the facts , they aren't going to take over the world and they are the least of the worries for the "competition"

if anything is going to piss me off it's this
    Just for clarity, that is if you do not follow the registration / de-registration process. This process has been in place for many years, if you lose your license codes BobCAD can't verify the license was removed from your older computer license stuff of older software. All the new versions V30 and up - is online, so users can move the license at will with an internet connection. --- If you feel I can be of any additional assistance on this topic, please let me know.
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Thanks for the clarification Al . If you read the attachment above and how it is highlighted you can see how the wording can be misinterpreted
    Same deal goes for older versions as well ? I was able to de authorize v28 online and v25 to if I recall correctly . For some reason both my v25 and 28 licenses had gone into demo mode on their own a while back

Everything works the same way it always has. When you need to move a license for older software, you follow the steps. If it's newer software, you follow the steps. If you lose your license ( it can happen), it's your responsibility. Just like it would be with any other software license ( perpetual software license ).

Older software steps to move a license

Newer software steps to move a license ( V30 + )

If you have additional questions about your software license and or account, please call 727-442-3554 to speak with your account manager.
    Al DePoalo

If you are looking for recent customer success from our In house training packages, here is the link
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    Everything works the same way it always has. When you need to move a license for older software, you follow the steps. If it's newer software, you follow the steps. If you lose your license ( it can happen), it's your responsibility. Just like it would be with any other software license ( perpetual software license ).

Older software steps to move a license

Newer software steps to move a license ( V30 + )

If you have additional questions about your software license and or account, please call 727-442-3554 to speak with your account manager.
    Ok thanks , so if or when I contact them they will be able to de-authorize my 2 seats of v25 and 2 seats v28 ? When I got the newer versions I didn't look back at the other versions for quite a while and when I finally did they were unusable . They somehow all went into demo mode which means I cannot de-authorize them online , and when i drop in my license's they say they are in use already

from your other post - At a time when enforcement of long-time license policy, with a smaller window of supported versions, creates chaos on "the zone with BobCAD" , what is the good news?

it wasn't the question of support from the op , or my question about licenses that created chaos , it's an unmuzzled mutt that created the chaos in this thread . I think my concern was legit and my words won't be found anywhere knocking bobcad . As for the op well he should have had backups .

Page 4 of 4 234