586,119 active members*
3,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Parallelism of the table adjustment

Parallelism of the table adjustment

Greetings,

Is there any way to adjust parallelism of the table? I have a BP clone, Lagun by name, and just discovered the table is way out of parallel along both the X & Y axis.

I have a dial gauge in the chuck with the tip on the table. When I move the table along X or Y the gauge moves showing the table in not parallel to the spindle.

Is there any hope?

Thanks,
    Kerry

Not to insult you but mMake sure you're not reading an out-of-square/mismachined tablle "side" or slot...

All that being OK. you just might have to dust off the slots to square them up with/to the spindle. Might have to make/use oversized "T" nuts but at least it would salvage the mill.

Do you have the indicator on the table surface or against a vertical surface ( T-slot/side of table) ?
    If you have the indicator against the top surface of the table, then I'm not suprised, the table on knee mills tend to "tip" when moved to the extent of their travel i'd say up to .005" on a well used machine, adjusting the gibs may help.