586,096 active members*
3,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I have lurked long enough

Ok, i have been lurking for quite some time, and have read just about every thread here. On to my issues. Im looking for a laser that is capable of engraving portraits in granite. I know alot of lasers will engrave granite tiles, but i need something that will support more weight. My main business is memorials, i need a small laser that has a working area of 24" x 12" and will support 150 pounds. Will the chinese lasers hold that much? Should i just bite the bullet ab buy the american laser that i know will hold the weight? Thanks for all your help in advance.

Len

I don't really know the answer to your question because I am very new to this laser stuff but I have the smaller 12 x 16 laser and it is very well built. The bed of the machine is lightweight honeycomb aluminum that is supported on a metal tray. I would think that if the weight is distributed evenly on a larger machine it should work, but perhaps some of the owners of the bigger machines will have a better answer for you.

You might address your question directly to one of the companies selling Chinese lasers. Rabbit, Red Sail, etc. There are guys on this forum who sell these machines and are very helpful with information.

Jacqui, Goddess of Chaos, GSOLFOT

maybe a through and through machine is what you need, one where you can pass the stone through the side and support it on external stands. I remember getting email from a chinese supplier for a laser system that I think You could clamp to the stone and engrave the gravestone directly.

Call customer support numbers.

Pretend you are a customer with a problem and call the 2 different companies to see who gives you the best support. That should help you decide which company will help if/when you have problems. I realize cost is a factor but my experience with Chinese made tools is far from satisfatory.

My personal opinion is that China on the label means .... on the table.

old post