586,389 active members*
3,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Anyone have a VM1 - what have you cut with it?

Anyone have a VM1 - what have you cut with it?

The title is pretty self explanatory.

I am looking into buying the first machine for my shop. I have been running milltronics machines for the last 2 years. While I like the controls I am not impressed with the build quality of the new machines. So I have been shopping around and I am pretty much set on a hurco.

I am just curious if the linear ways have an effect on finish or the machines ability to rough material. I was also dissappointed in the Y axis clearances. I was told I cant run a 9 inch opening vise because it will hit the door.

If anyone has run into any problems with these machines or has a workaround for the larger vises your help would be appreciated.

Hi Chop,

I just recently purchase a VM1, and I think it's going to be a great machine. The controller is very simple to use and some what intuitive. I have found that Hurco them self have been very helpful, from control questions to trouble shooting, very organized. So far I have only cut aluminum with great results, if you can wait a couple of weeks I will be cutting a project out of P-20, then I should know better what it can do.
    The vise is a bit of hassle, if you don't mind turning the vise parallel to the table, problem solved.

I have a VM2 for the last 3 years runs great. We are a mold shop. We build and repair new and old molds for the plastic industry. I also do training on the Hurco and sell a manual. I am very happy with the controls, conversational and HNC (hurco nc) I never wanted the isnc option (it is not needed unless all you have is Fanuc code programmers). I also last month made 20 Cushman heads for the 1965 scooters in conversational and nc. You will love the conversational. Call me if you need any help or training. I do not work for Hurco I am independent and the price will show. I also cut P-20, H-13 (54 rockwell c scale), 420 ss, 6061 aluminum. Be sure to get the right cutters to cut the 54 rockwell stuff! It will come out looking like a ground surface finish. I cut all hard molds after they are heat treated.

I have 2 VM1's and have done just about everything with them. We've cut alum, sst, crs,
    titanium, 4140 pre-hard and done everything from simple plate work to complex 3d. Also have 2 BMC 30's and have a VMX 60 on the way. Also considering HTX. I will fill my shop with nothing but Hurco. No more G-code for us!