586,075 active members*
3,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software - Would You Be Interested?

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Free/Inexpensive Job Pricing Software?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be interested only if its freeeeee!

86 47.78%
  • I'd be willing to pay a small fee for such a program?

81 45.00%
  • Sorry, just not interested.

10 5.56%
  • I already own an alternative.

3 1.67%
Page 14 of 14 4121314

Q&C Discount

I am offering a 20% discount ( Thats €8 off! ) on Quote&Cost Version 1.51 to CncZone members. This is valid until 10/Jul/08.

If you wish to avail of the discount please DO NOT use the 'buy now' buttons on the website. Email me at 'info[at]dsm-systems.com' and I will bill you the reduced amount via e-mail through PayPal.

You must include your username in the email so I can confirm your identity via pm.

Thanks.

I have set up a Google Group for both users and non-users of the Quote&Cost program. Please Join!

http://groups.google.com/group/DSMSystemsPublicGroup

Also: There are only 4 days left to avail of the discount on the Quote&Cost program!!

Only two days left to avail of the 20% discount, and to get onto the 'discount ladder' to gain more future savings!!

It seems that because I had an image on my PayPal payment page which was hosted on a non-secure server, that people were seeing a confusing warning message before payment. Be assured that THE PAYPAL PAYMENT PAGE IS SECURE. I have removed the image.

Question

Hi all,

The first weekly discussion topic in the Google Group is "An 'All In One' Program or Seperate 'Modules' "

Do you like/hate module based programs? Would you prefer if Q&C was module based or not....?

Let us know, join the discussion:
    http://groups.google.com/group/DSMSy...080ba5cae0604#

Exclamation FREE PRIZE DRAW!!!

Hi folks,

I am holding a Free Prize Draw. All you have to do is fill out a short Online Form to help me with developing the Quote&Cost program. The draw is Free and Open to Everyone.

You can access the form via the homepage:

http://www.dsm-systems.com

Or Directly:

http://www.dsm-systems.com/html/DevelopmentForm.htm

GOOD LUCK!!!

I am posting the number of valid entries to the draw on the home page. At the moment your chances of winning are excellent!

Just to remind people that the development draw is still open and looking for feedback. You can submit your opinions using the form on this page:
    http://www.dsm-systems.com/html/DevelopmentForm.htm

Hi folks!

The development of the next program version is ongoing, its not forgotten ..... I just don't have much to write about at the moment. Learning C++ is proving to be a challenge, but its enjoyable and one I'm up to!

I think the program overall might be running a few weeks behind, but not by a huge amount, and its still on track for next year.

From the feedback received so far one of the things standing out is that for a lot of people the program is simply too comprehensive. They want something simpler and more straightforward. This has re-inforced the need for a more basic, lower-cost version of the program, the price of which will probably be deducted from any later upgrade to the more comprehensive version. I haven't decided yet exactly what features will go into or be taken out of this smaller version, because removing aspects can subsequently make a job estimate less accurate, so its a bit of a balancing act.

Anyway....onwards and upwards. Any thoughts about what people think is not necessary in a more basic program are appreciated?

L8rs.

Hi folks,

Just to prove that work is ongoing......I've been playing around with a variety of layouts and such like. The image shown doesn't have any particular significance at this point, just something I was playing around with.

The screen shown almost certainly won't be the end appearance, but it does show that I'm doing something!

The online draw will be finishing up in a few weeks, so get your FREE entries in while there's time. L8rs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Q&CVersion2Beta.jpg  

Hi folks, quick question....

Whats an average number of website hits per month?

I'm trying to figure out if my website hits are good or bad. I can tell you how many there are if you want, but right now my laptop is broken and I cant remember the password to access my stats!

Also, the program is now being written in C# instead of C++. It doesn't really make any difference to the end user, but is easier to develop. Plus, C# is a newer language.

FREE PRIZE DRAW

Congratulations to Jason Stevenson from the United States who is the winner of the recent Free Prize Draw. Jason won a free copy of Quote&Cost Version 1.51 Beta, and a Free Upgrade to Version 2.00 when available.

I for one would love to try it out. I have been looking for an inexpensive way to help figure costs. Please trudge on lad! I tried to d/load the demo from website and it's unavailable. If you need to contact me feel free acecnc(at the infamous google mail service gmail.com)

Thanks,
    Gabe

I thought that if you bought the software in the very beginning you got free updates for life.

Hi all. Version 2 is running quite far behind due to personal reasons. I'm sorry about this and am working on it when I can. Because I can't provide the support I would expect to new users right now, I have also disabled the web pages so it can't be purchased at the moment.

Hi all. Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on the Quote&Cost program for some time, and I can't see myself getting back to it very soon.

I figure some people bought the program at least in part because they would make future savings on upgrades. As such, I'm going to be refunding every payment I received from people in full, from the original PriceItSpreadsheets up to the most recent Quote&Cost version.

I tried to make these refunds a few days ago but PayPal has blocked my IP address as I'm not in Ireland at the moment so I can't send money. I will be back in Ireland in two weeks for a few days and I'm hoping to do it then. If I can't, then it wont be until May, but either way you can all expect a full refund before the summer.

Hopefully at some point I'll get back to this, because I want it for using myself anyway when my life is sorted out and I have a workshop again.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement while I was working on this.

Diarmaid.

PS: I still cant post on the Vectric site from here, so if there is anyone over there who might need to see this feel free to let them know. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hi folks,

After months of stress with PayPal I am hopeful it will be sorted out this week. I will be refunding the first 50% of purchasers this month and the second 50% next month when I get paid.

I havent received any hate mail and would like to thank you all for your patience!

Paypal appears to be sorted.....at least partly! I have refunded a number of people but am receiving errors for quite a few also. Maybe some peoples emails or accounts have changed.

Those who have not received a refund please pm me and I will reply with my current PayPal email and price you paid for the software so that you can request the PayPal payment from me. I will then send it as normal with PayPal. Thanks.

Low Cost Estimation Software

Its a pity that such efforts by "thkoutsidthebox" are in vain. But there is really a need for a good estimation software.
    I will be starting to design one very soon. People intrested can inform me what features do they feel necessary to incorporate in the software.
    "thkoutsidthebox" has really put in lot of time and efforts but he got lost in making the software idealistic and perfect.
    Maybe :withstupi but would like to give a try on this software as am planning to start developing for a long time now its time to really start working on it.
    Will require support and feature request from the Group.
    Bye for now...
    Vikrant
    A Candle Loses None Of Its Light By Lighting Another Candle.

Quote Originally Posted by thkoutsidthebox View Post
    Paypal appears to be sorted.....at least partly! I have refunded a number of people but am receiving errors for quite a few also. Maybe some peoples emails or accounts have changed.

Those who have not received a refund please pm me and I will reply with my current PayPal email and price you paid for the software so that you can request the PayPal payment from me. I will then send it as normal with PayPal. Thanks.
    Hey My Friend,
    Before you go sending out a lot of single payments check around in PP for their
    'mass payment' option... you can send out a dozen payments for one flat fee.

Bill
    "Inventor"
    A "True" machinist loves it when they say: "That can't be Made"!!!

Estimation Software For Machining Operations

Dear Members,
    I have finished developing Estimation Software for Machine Shops. This software is developed on Microsoft Excel 2007 Platform.:banana:
    The Software is in Alpha Stage and is ready for people to try and provide feedback.
    People intrested can write back to me.
    Regards
    Vikrant Athavale
    A Candle Loses None Of Its Light By Lighting Another Candle.

Page 14 of 14 4121314