586,616 active members*
2,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

"Bug Plane" ?????? error??

this has been driving me mad all day!!! arghh!!! i need this project done and out the door... ah well, few more days ater.

i am surfacing a skateboard mold... i made a parallel toolpath with mastercamX over my surface and exported the nc file. when choosing my machine in mastercamX because i built it myself, im using mach2 and i dont know what im doing i used "default router" as my machine.

now, when i pull the code into mach2 and as it reviews it it tells me:

"Bug Plane not xy yz or xz on line #4821"

now, cause im ignorant, i tried to run the code anyhow, twice.. ha ha ha.. and sure enough when it hits line #4821 it stalls and gives me the error message in quotes above.... and if i try to skip to the next few lines and "Run From Here" it just returns to line #4821 with the same error.

i've been programming my machine with mastercamX this way for several days now no problems. of course this is the first time trying to make a toolpath style "parralel finish" over a surface i designed....

so the mold gets well over 1/2 way done before this error... funny it doesnt have a problem with the code till then. and i reprogrammed the code all over, same error.

ive searched all over cnczone and google but cannot find this error message anywhere... any of you seen it before? know what it means?? how to solve it??? ha ha ha...

is there a postprocessor for mastercamX > Mach2 that may solve this problem? instead of using "default router"???

hopefully this isnt to big of a question... id like to be rolling again by the morn. ha ha ha.

thanx again for all your help past, present and future! robots rule!

shnitzel

never mind... i always find my solution JUST AFTER i post a question... ha hah a

postprocessor downloaded, installed, updated and finally running. and no "Bug" error. ah ha ha.

sorry for the troubles

shnitzel

ha ha ha