586,075 active members*
4,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > Need a little help? & not a lot of money

Question Need a little help? & not a lot of money

as it says at the top Newbie Question, ok i have the rockcliff plans i have started my build, what i need to know about stepper motor & driver boards
    Now i have not got a lot of money only about £100 $205 & have seen these stepper motors on ebay. the link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-86-Nm-steppe...QQcmdZViewItem

also this 3 Axis CNC Stepper Motor Driver / mill lathe router link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Axis-CNC-Ste...QQcmdZViewItem

if someone could have a little look & tell me what they think, i am in the UK so if i buy from outside the UK i will have to pay VAT on item
    at the moment it's a case of try & get into this & later when i have more money then upgrade?

also if i have posted this in the wrong place then please accept my apologies

that about deos it apart to say thanks to everone who looks :wave:

Hi,

Can’t say what size motors you will need for the Rockcliff machine but I do recommend the seller; I buy all my steppers from them. If you search the machine here you will get a good idea of recommended motor size. They are 267 oz in in case you need to know for reference.

As for the driver board, from what I have seen posted on here (not sure where I saw the thread but here somewhere) I would say avoid the board you linked to and go with these. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CNC-2-5-Amp-Mi...QQcmdZViewItem. He’s been selling these for a long time which is a good point to keep in mind and I have not heard a bad word about them. I have in fact got three of these; I’ve used one only for a short time while I was waiting for a replacement for my Z axis without any problems.

Good luck,
    John

thanks very much John for that i have now added it to my favorites list and looking into it
    so thanks again steve