586,113 active members*
3,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Red face Doosan 1500 TT

Looing for some input.
    I have been running a job on a screwmachine for a few years. I am finding it dificult to get people to run it any more and want to go to lights out machining. I almost bought a Haas SL10 but after talking to a lot of people and asking on this site have decided against it. Talked to my local Doosan dealer and showed him a part and also showed him the Chamfer required on the back of the part. He recomended the 1500 TT so it could pickup and
    back chamfer. Also could add on inspection easier. I need to be making these bushings in 20 seconds max or I will need 2 machines.
    Dealer says no problem with the 20 seconds. I cannot believe they have part transfer down that fast. Does anyone have a TT out there and how fast is the transfer? My Mori ZL15 is almost 10 seconds to join up but it is old.
    I am making 1 million bushings a year and am wondering what type of a lathe others might be using? What would you recomend for type of machine?
    Parts are 1.5" 1045CRS 3/4" long Machined and chamfered on both sides.
    Thank you

If it not broken, you are not trying hard enough

Get a bar oriented turning center. We have models with one, two, or three turrets. We have many customers who will vouch that they run more than 20% faster than "chucker" oriented machines. If you want some other good bar machines, look at Nakamura WT, Miyano ABX, or Index. The extra performance of these machines will more than justify some extra cost.

www.EurotechElite.com