586,121 active members*
3,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Tachogenerator disconnect alarm on 10T

Tachogenerator disconnect alarm on 10T

This morning I started my Wasino Lathe up only to be greeted by a SV000 TACHOGENERATOR DISCONNECT alarm. Can anybody point me in the direction to locate the tachogenerator and possible remedies to this alarm. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmaster View Post
    This morning I started my Wasino Lathe up only to be greeted by a SV000 TACHOGENERATOR DISCONNECT alarm. Can anybody point me in the direction to locate the tachogenerator and possible remedies to this alarm. Thanks.
    I have a 10TF control on a lathe we just got but is not running yet. I am not familiar with the alarm codes yet. I don't know if SV000 points to a specific tach or not. Anyway the tacho-generators are on the end of ea. servo motor and also your spindle motor. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can point out exactly which one.

Thanks for the reply. The alarm was generated on my C axis, so I am assuming its on my spindle.

OK, I believe I found the Tachogenerator, but where to go from here I have no idea. everything appears to be connected properly. Does anybody know if there is a fuse related to this that may have blown?

They are not usually fused, but if the C axis has a separate servo positioning motor to the spindle, then it will be on the back end of that motor shaft, it will either be a DC tach (brushes) or a resolver.
    If DC type, check out the brushes for wear, the tach should put out a DC voltage this can be measured on a meter while turning the spindle over by hand.
    If resolver tach, it will be the resolver itself or the card input.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Well after much heartache and frustration, I reseated the motor and servo connectors and that took care of it. Lesson learned, check connectors first and then continue to checking brushes.