587,008 active members*
3,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > is this a new software ?

is this a new software ?

i been in this field for a while and i newer heard of hypermill, is this a new company starting up ? how long have they been around, how long will they be around?

No, it is not new at all. I purchased my first seat almost 10 years ago. It is primarily a European company with limited exposure in the USA.

If you use Inventor to design solid models then you will not find a better CAM suite. It is powerful and eloquent.

If you use Solid Works then you should look into Hypermill. Support for it is coming on line now. It will likely be the same world class product in SW that it is in Inventor.

Cheers
    Dave

A few comments from the company.

In addition to our Inventor and Solidworks solutions, hyperMILL is also integrated in ProENGINEER Wildfire and available as a standalone system (with enabling CAD front-end supplied by us).

The integrated solutions allow you to run concurrently in both CAD and CAM - no data files passed around.

The standalone system actually comprises a very large portion of our current business. hyperCAD is available in a few levels to satisfy various price and functionality requirements.

Additionally ...

Our core technologies - CAM cycles, 5x CAM cycles, interference checking, and postprocessors - are all written by OPEN MIND.

Many other products license or partner for these technologies, leaving them vulnerable to the whims and fortunes of their partners, and also leaving them with technical voids in important areas.

OPEN MIND is comfortably profitable and growing. Revenue growth is from a healthy balance of existing customer maintenance revenue and new licenses. So, to answer your question, we intend to be here for the long haul.