586,094 active members*
4,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

ikegai fanuc fx lathe 5t control

Progress report

Put power to machine

Started up, hit control power, hydraulics started, block skip light lit, battery low light lit.

Opened panel, top board, battery light on, lower board, battery light on.

The ready light did not light

flipped through the parameters and it seems they are still there, not all zero's anyway.

What could be causing the ready light not to come on, the batteries being dead?

Thanks

Brian

Try re-entering ALL the parameters.

Low/dead batteries could have "hurt" the RAM which are keep alive in power down mode. The TTL memory runs on 5 volts but the batteries only supply 4.5 at best, 3 or less when low/dead. This is at or below the low limit threshold of whats needed to keep TTL memories alive.

You might also want to clean and reseat ALL the connectors to the various panels and mother boards. These get loose and can cause some real nightmares.

Check for blown fuses - especially in the drives. Phase errors will blow them as soon as you power up and blown fuses, especially the ones with tell-tales will preent READY from happening. If you do blow fuses at power up, switch any 2 phase leads - this usually fixes that problem.

We nailed the phase first crack, hydraulic pump ran proper direction on first attempt. This unit was powered down, we saw it run just before power was pulled. This is the first time she has been powered back up in about 2 years.
    I do not have what the parameters should be set at, the manual has what was set at factory for parameter 03 to 35 or so, but there is a lot more than 35, not sure what to put them at??

Any one have athe parameters for the fx25

Thanks

Brian

I found 1 blown fuse on the velocity board, will let you know what happens

Brian

We'll, screwed now--lol, after replacing batteries and new fuse, all parameters are now zero's.
    Does anybody have the parameter values for a ikegai fanuc fx25n??

Thanks

BRIAN

anyone??

Got lucky, found an old sheet of paper in the original manuals with some parameters on it, entered them and she lit up and seems to be operational.

I'm still trying to figure out the rs232 connections

Anyone give me a brief step by step on how to enter a few lines of code via mdi and execute them to see if things work ok

Thanks

Brian

To erase an existing program in memory, put mode select rotary switch in MEMORY mode, press the "C" (cancel) key on the number keypad and the ERASE button at the same time.

To edit a command within your program, or to enter one from scratch manually, put the mode select switch into EDIT mode, and press the SCAN+ and SCAN- keys to scan up to the point in the program where you want to edit something. Run the address LED (using the "left-right" buttons) to the address letter you want to enter, key in the number you want to enter and press INSERT (to insert new data) or ALTER (to alter an existing command). At the end of each block, you must have an EOB (End-of-Block), which you can enter by pressing the EOB key, then the INSERT key. The EOB looks like a funny symbol on the LED display, and it corresponds to the Line-Feed character (LF) in your program.

To reset program to the beginning, put the mode select switch into EDIT mode, then press the RESET button.

To run a program that's in memory, put the control into MEMORY mode and press CYCLE START.

Hi Brian..

Sorry I missed this thread earlier. I went through what you're going through now with a FX20.

First things first. Dan Fritz is THE MAN when it comes to these older Fanuc controls. Pay attention to what he tells you, he will be able to help you.

Regarding RS232: 5T controls have no way to send or recieve programs via RS232. If your machine has a serial port, then it has some type of aftermarket BTR interface board installed. If you get it to work, then more power to you. However, I strongly recommend Dan's PC-DNC software and cable. It's freakin awesome and adds a lot of functionality to the old 5T controls. **

If you don't have the manual with the options listed you're in trouble. Heck, I had the manual and factory parameter list for mine and many of the parameters in the manual were WRONG for what the machine was equipped with.

If you have the complete Ikegai manual set there should be a mostly complete list of parameters somewhere. The FX25 machines are very similar to the FX20 machines. If worse comes to worse, you can try using the parameter list I posted earlier in one of my threads. Search for my previous posts to find it.

Next: I don't know how far you've gotten in getting this machine running, but if it has sat for 2 years then you MUST rebuild the lube system. Way lube gets very crusty and will completely plug the orifice fittings on the machine. You MUST replace or clean these before operating the machine on a regular basis or you WILL kill it. Unfortunately Ikegai did not mount the fittings in central location so quite a bit of machine disassembly will be required to get to them all. All of the tin will have to some off the machine, etc. Don't get lazy and skip this. It's quite a bit of work but it's extremely important you do this!

While you have it apart to refurb the lube system, check the backlash and rebuild the ball nuts and replace the thrust bearings while you're at it. It's not that much more disassembly to do while you're there.

I'm really impressed with Ikegai machines. The iron is top notch and way overbuilt for their machines. It's a pity I have limited room as I really would have liked to keep mine.

Oh, where in Canada are you located?

Michael

**Disclaimer: I'm just am extremely satisfied user of PC-DNC and have not been compensated in any way.

Hi guys!

Does anybody knows what it means this alarm on a Fanuc 5T?

OH --> 1
    OT --> (blank)
    SV --> 1
    TH --> (blank)
    TV --> (blank)
    P/S --> (blank)

Also... how can I write the parameters back in? I put the toggle switch to PRM and tried to write in MDI, but couldn't write anything.

OH Overheat Alarm
    SV Servo Alarm
    You must have a ready light on before you can load parameters. The ready light will not come on if the control is in Estop, Machine Alarm, or Servo Alarm
    Check connections to Servo motor.
    The overheat signal is looped through the servo motors and the thermal sensor on the A board. Check the connections for servo feedback on the bottom of the B board.
    Check the servo drive contactor are pulling in when you power up the control.

Thank you cncdiag,

I owe you a beer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    Hi Brian..

Sorry I missed this thread earlier. I went through what you're going through now with a FX20.

First things first. Dan Fritz is THE MAN when it comes to these older Fanuc controls. Pay attention to what he tells you, he will be able to help you.

Regarding RS232: 5T controls have no way to send or recieve programs via RS232. If your machine has a serial port, then it has some type of aftermarket BTR interface board installed. If you get it to work, then more power to you. However, I strongly recommend Dan's PC-DNC software and cable. It's freakin awesome and adds a lot of functionality to the old 5T controls. **

If you don't have the manual with the options listed you're in trouble. Heck, I had the manual and factory parameter list for mine and many of the parameters in the manual were WRONG for what the machine was equipped with.

If you have the complete Ikegai manual set there should be a mostly complete list of parameters somewhere. The FX25 machines are very similar to the FX20 machines. If worse comes to worse, you can try using the parameter list I posted earlier in one of my threads. Search for my previous posts to find it.

Next: I don't know how far you've gotten in getting this machine running, but if it has sat for 2 years then you MUST rebuild the lube system. Way lube gets very crusty and will completely plug the orifice fittings on the machine. You MUST replace or clean these before operating the machine on a regular basis or you WILL kill it. Unfortunately Ikegai did not mount the fittings in central location so quite a bit of machine disassembly will be required to get to them all. All of the tin will have to some off the machine, etc. Don't get lazy and skip this. It's quite a bit of work but it's extremely important you do this!

While you have it apart to refurb the lube system, check the backlash and rebuild the ball nuts and replace the thrust bearings while you're at it. It's not that much more disassembly to do while you're there.

I'm really impressed with Ikegai machines. The iron is top notch and way overbuilt for their machines. It's a pity I have limited room as I really would have liked to keep mine.

Oh, where in Canada are you located?

Michael

**Disclaimer: I'm just am extremely satisfied user of PC-DNC and have not been compensated in any way.
    I'm sorry I missed this thread, as it's been a while since I've checked the board.

I had an extreme amount of Ikegai manuals, since I was their Service Manager for almost 10years. I moved to Southern California about 10 years ago, and lost everything in the last big fires in October.

I still have my memory, sort of(lol), so I will try to be of more help in the future.

cncdoc

Ikegai FX25N Fanuc 5T control

I recently picked up one of these machines well worth the money. I have no actual manual for the lathe itself. I have read that it requires a balanced 230V supply. I have wild leg three phase ie two 120 volt legs and one 210 volt leg. Across them I get roughly 245 Volt 3 phase. First can anyone tell me that what I have read about 230v balanced supply is correct? and second can anyone tell me what I need in a transformer to get the correct power.

This lathe hasn't been run in a while but it has been hooked up to power. I have had it about a month without power. I assume the battery will be dead and the parmeters lost. I did get lucky and happen to find a scrap of paper tucked in to the tape reader door with a parameter list and settings on it. Hope its correct. Any information would be greatly valued.

Thanks
    Vince

Does anyone know where I could get a set of manuals for the FX25N lathe?

Vince

Hi. I have ikegai fx 20 too, but my problem is the alarm 70, this ligth turng on wenth
    I stare writen the program manualy.
    You have this problem too?

Quote Originally Posted by caddyshack View Post
    We'll, screwed now--lol, after replacing batteries and new fuse, all parameters are now zero's.
    Does anybody have the parameter values for a ikegai fanuc fx25n??

Thanks

BRIAN
    I can email them to you.
    just send me a email.
    so i can forward it.

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    Hi. I have ikegai fx 20 too, but my problem is the alarm 70, this ligth turng on wenth
    I stare writen the program manualy.
    You have this problem too?
    ALARM70--- MEMORY FOR PART PROGRAM STORAGE IS FULL

Hi everyone, I have an Ikegai FX25N with 5t controller I recently got hooked up and running. Everything appears to be in working order. I have on problem left, there are no programs in it memory and I have no documentation for this machine. If there is anyone out there who could direct me to at least a programming manual I would be most grateful. If not mabey someone has some programming examples they wouldn't mind posting. I was also wondering how you input tool offsets. Any help would be wonderful

Thanks

Vince

Did you get the lathe to work using a wild-leg three phase?

Quote Originally Posted by vebers View Post
    I recently picked up one of these machines well worth the money. I have no actual manual for the lathe itself. I have read that it requires a balanced 230V supply. I have wild leg three phase ie two 120 volt legs and one 210 volt leg. Across them I get roughly 245 Volt 3 phase. First can anyone tell me that what I have read about 230v balanced supply is correct? and second can anyone tell me what I need in a transformer to get the correct power.

This lathe hasn't been run in a while but it has been hooked up to power. I have had it about a month without power. I assume the battery will be dead and the parmeters lost. I did get lucky and happen to find a scrap of paper tucked in to the tape reader door with a parameter list and settings on it. Hope its correct. Any information would be greatly valued.

Thanks
    Vince

Vince,

Did you get the lathe to work using a wild-leg 3-phase power? If so, was it hooked up like this: Left (120V) Middle (208V) Right (120V)?

Thanks,
    William

Page 1 of 2 12