586,058 active members*
4,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > need a canadian STEPPER motor source

need a canadian STEPPER motor source

looking for a good place to find ... STEPPER3 1200 OZ-IN steppers
    try to find all my parts local to ontaio, to save on duty?

Hey Eloid ,go to SNS Automation products in ST George,ont. or Cambridge,ont .They carry linear rails(hiwin,thk etc)steppers,servo motors etc. Good prices too.SNL in Cambridge,Ont. also has alot of cnc stuff.Good luck.

Oh ,I forgot to add that Motion Canada will order all your ballscrew needs also.

Motion Canada = $$$$$$
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    looking for a good place to find ... STEPPER3 1200 OZ-IN steppers
    try to find all my parts local to ontaio, to save on duty?
    Hi, if you want to save on duty, have your item ship by USPS or maybe Purolator. The one to forget is UPS----Won an item on Ebay worth 41.00$ UPS charge me 39.00$ for duty and brookage

Saving on duty is pointless, it amounts to what you spend on taxes up here, in most cases what you are actually assessed is just the taxes payable. Normally anything vaguely american or computer related is not taxed. Remember that all those add ons are based off the cost of the item itself. If you pay less in the US, it is less tax to pay. Postage is another thing. Noemally I doubt it costs as much as running around in the car, but always ensure in advance, as noted, that the sender will use usps.

Right now is possibly the best time in 35 years to order stuff from the US. Our dollar is high, and stuff in the stores down there may not yet have experienced price increases relating to fuel, metals, and currency updrafts.

I like buying Canadian, but what's the diff if the guy you are buying from is just a middleman anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    SNL in Cambridge,Ont. also has alot of cnc stuff.Good luck.
    Who is SNL?...did a quick search on the internet but nothing came up.

$103.5!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomD View Post
    Saving on duty is pointless, it amounts to what you spend on taxes up here.
    strictly speaking, you're right, but its still a pita to import and it add costs, brokerage for example. yeah, I know you can tell them to mail the stuff to avoid UPS, but you're paying a lot of S&H, have to wait a week, stand in line at the post office etc. pita. easier if its sitting in a warehouse locally.....provided you are not missing arbitrage with existing inventory and the dollar!

Franklin electric on Carlingview in Mississauga stocks steppers, don't know to what size.

Hi, I agree with you 100% but if the items are not availabel locally or the price of the items are sometime twice the cost, then do you have the choice, maybe it all depends what you are buying. The way I go along with this, is first search the web after I call locally and if the difference is reasonable, then I buy locally. My preference it to buy locally even if there is a slight difference

I purchased Japan Servo KP86SM2-002 etc from Toronto Surplus & Scientific, www.torontosurplus.com. Unfortunately they are still untested by me as I have yet to build the electronics.

SNL is a small store in Cambridge Ontario. Best to look these guys up in the phone book for a number and address.they are an industrial motion supplier.They carry lots of used stuff too , like transformers,industrial limit switches,steppers,servos etc. the last time I was there he had alot of stepper drives but I dont know what kind.Also ,Motion Canada in Cambridge ordered my Rockford 3/4" ballnuts and charged me very little above actual cost!23$ Rockford price-----25$ each when I picked them up.

any lead on rack and pinion?

any lead on rack and pinion? around here cheeeeeeeeeeeep?

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    SNL is a small store in Cambridge Ontario. Best to look these guys up in the phone book for a number and address.they are an industrial motion supplier.They carry lots of used stuff too , like transformers,industrial limit switches,steppers,servos etc. the last time I was there he had alot of stepper drives but I dont know what kind.Also ,Motion Canada in Cambridge ordered my Rockford 3/4" ballnuts and charged me very little above actual cost!23$ Rockford price-----25$ each when I picked them up.
    Any more information on them? Can't seem to find anything about "SNL" in the online yellow pages.

deepest apologies Rhodan... It seems I dont have much of a memory anymore but the store I was referring to was SDC 100 sheldon drive in Cambridge ONT. Not SNL. sorry again for all the confusion. GED.