I am a newbie at this CNC thing and am seeking advice on controller options to retrofit a 20 year old CNC router I inherited. I'll the machine for hobby woodworking. I am not a controls person and will get some terminology incorrect. I feel confident I can fumble through some basic control system upgrades, though. The router is a K2 CNC that seems fairly well built with sound structure and acme screw actuators. The control box contains 3 Geckodrive G201 stepper drives, a decent power supply, and an old Parallel port interface between PC control and the drives. I'd like to upgrade the control system to something more modern and enable future addition of a 4th axis. I'm interested in either 1) An all in 1 CNC controller solution that does not require the PC sending G-code during machining or 2) A PC control based solution with ethernet communication to a control board. Any suggestions on preferably US based control board or onboard controller upgrade solutions with good support? A colleague suggested considering a SmoothStepper brand motion controller. This looks interesting, but has ribbon cable interface to the drives and the drives don't have ribbon cable connection. See image of one of the drives attached. Any and all advice is appreciated and please dumb down the controls terminology for me. Thank You