586,119 active members*
3,583 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Acramatic Contol on Cincinatti Talon Turning Center

Acramatic Contol on Cincinatti Talon Turning Center

I am looking at a Cincinatti Milacron Talon CNC turning center with an Acramatic 850SX controller on it. I have herd of some reliability issues with this control. Does anyone have experence with this control that would care to share their thoughts? I am a small one man shop with limited funds to be dealing with major problems.

thnaks,

Scott

Acromatic Control

I have some programming experience on the control .. it has a pretty nice user interface that is Windows based and is easy to operate ... programming is similar to all the popular G code based controls ... basically Fanuc compatible.

We did have some reliability issues but not control related. My opinion (stop laughing !!) is that the control is pretty good ... the iron may be a different story. Being born and raised on Japanese machine tools .. I thought the machine itself was lacking in quality.

Shameless Plug :
    Real World Machine Shop Software @ www.KentechInc.com

I work for an automotive tier 1 supplier. In our plant, we had three Cinci horizontal spindle machines with Acramatic 850 controllers. They ran for years with very few problems with the controls. The problems I remember that occurred most often happened in two areas. The spindle VFD's puked occasionally. And, the dust generated by machining SMC plastic parts got into the Heidenhein glass scales. They could have been retrofitted with Sony Magnescales, though. Much more robust. Hope this helps.

Brian