UCCNC has been a deeply unreliable and unpredictable mistress in the 2.5 years I've been using it. Random movements have cost me hundreds of hours and dollars in damage and have very nearly cost me limb or worse. Random freezes and crashes are increasingly common as updates roll out. The motion controller consistently disconnects from the PC if left on for any sort of extended period with no changes in voltage. Thousands of lines of my profile randomly deleted. All of which and more I have literally begged and pleaded for 2 years for on the UCCNC forums but am consistently told that it's my equipment, which after EXHAUSTIVE troubleshooting it is proven untrue. And then the knee-jerk is that I'm the 'only one this is happening to' when that is demonstrably untrue. Most recently, after describing an issue I'm experiencing with the UCR201 pendant for the umpteenth time, I was told by Balazs that I was the only one experiencing issues, after which 2 others chimed in stating that they were experiencing the same issue, and Balazs has promptly stopped responding to the thread, or any other thread I'm participating in. I'm not unreasonable, but I am more persistent than those that have come before that gave up which seems to be the response for the very real but slightly less common issues with UCCNC.

If I could, I would love to dump this software today and get into something else. However, UCCNC happens to be pretty unique in this space that is occupied by much worse monsters like Mach or less flexible solutions, my workflow is now married to it, and the issues are just inconsistent enough that I can convince myself it's not worth gutting my machine to switch to something else. I run a business and *can* tinker, but am not in machining to tinker. I'm in machining to produce work reliably, but UCCNC seems to really just not be that software.

This might be more of a rant than anything else. If any old timers have some wisdom that isn't "It's just you" I'm here for it. Really not sure what to do except bin this motion control system.