586,608 active members*
3,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spirit houses

I am looking to CNC a spirit house..instead of making it out of foam core (those crafters ) Anyone ever try to do any houses in miniature..I would like to try cutting someone else's pattern before I try to make one. I used mastercam when I tought..but it is too complicated..any simpler programs out there to do something like this...
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller

There was a post on dollhouses a few days back - you might check for that.
    How will you build the ladder? One piece milled - or assembled of smaller bits?
    I look forward to pics - want to make one for the front yard at the house.
    :cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

thanks...that was my post on dollhouses..thought I might get a reply here... I will probably design in Rhino first, then import to Matercam.. the stairs I will probably cut out of thin wood on the laser...as I am NOT very good at Mastercam, and haven't found an easier program to use first. Wish me luck..I want it to be done as a Christmas present
    "Craft is What I do All Day. Art is what I have at the end of it" Jean Weller