Hi. I just hD a moment of sheer insanity and bought an Okuma MC-4VA mill for my home shop. 10hp spindle.

Machine manual lists power requirements of 26kVA which works out to about 65A at 230 3ph, presumably at full load.
I initially thought about using a vector drive to drive the spindle, but I'm not sure if that would work or not. Would you retain the stock spindle drive or replace it with the vector drive? If replace, would the vector drive interface with the Okuma control system (OSP 5020)?

If i go the phase converter route, I was planning to use an American Rotary DIY panel with a 40hp 3ph motor, 1750 rpm, delta, per their specs.
One guy on this forum with the same machine seemed to think a 20HP would work.
But a 30hp would probably be a lot better.
How big do you I really need to go?
Would you recommend American Rotary or another brand?
Their DIY panel is supposed to have the digital voltage control and soft start like their CNC complete kits, the AD series.

Because i have a 3hp hydraulic pump, they are telling me I have to use an ADX (extreme) model, even though the hydraulic pump is fairly small compared to the spindle and total RPC capacity.
I suppose I could replace the hydraulic pump with a single phase, or a dedicated vector drive to avoid this issue, but I really wonder if this really would cause a problem requiring the ADX version.
Most appreciative of any replies!
Thank you
Bryan
Simsbury CT