586,035 active members*
3,790 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC from china 3040 doesn't execute micro movements

CNC from china 3040 doesn't execute micro movements

Hi!

I have a problem with classic Chinese CNC.
    Everything seemed to work correctly with mach3 doing the classic initial tests.
    Going to sculpt an object, I realized that when an axis has to make microsteps, it loses calibration. For example, if I move x by 100 and y by 2, the y starts to flicker, it cannot follow that tiny movement with the result that when it goes back, it is no longer in the correct position. I tried to change all the parameters, number of microsteps per step, torque (A), speed, but nothing. And it does it on all axes. It seems to me as if mach3 does too many interpolations but the driver or engine can't do them.
    Has anyone had this problem or know what could be causing it?
    The only other thing I can think of is the cross section of the wires, but I don't think it would give this problem.
    All tests were carried out with the spindle switched off and without any load.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG20230124201323.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Max3040 View Post
    Hi!

I have a problem with classic Chinese CNC.
    Everything seemed to work correctly with mach3 doing the classic initial tests.
    Going to sculpt an object, I realized that when an axis has to make microsteps, it loses calibration. For example, if I move x by 100 and y by 2, the y starts to flicker, it cannot follow that tiny movement with the result that when it goes back, it is no longer in the correct position. I tried to change all the parameters, number of microsteps per step, torque (A), speed, but nothing. And it does it on all axes. It seems to me as if mach3 does too many interpolations but the driver or engine can't do them.
    Has anyone had this problem or know what could be causing it?
    The only other thing I can think of is the cross section of the wires, but I don't think it would give this problem.
    All tests were carried out with the spindle switched off and without any load.
    Thank you.
    It might be worth swapping x and y motors to prove the y axis motor is ok. Then move on to other possible issues (cables, calibration etc).

Re: CNC from china 3040 doesn't execute micro movements

Thanks for the advice.
    The problem is on all axles, swapping motors can't help me.
    As soon as I have time I will try to replace cables and connectors.

Re: CNC from china 3040 doesn't execute micro movements

I solved the problem. The high/low setting of the stepper motor pin command was not good. Thanks for the advice.