I'm working on switching to a newer PC. My problem is the new PC doesn't have a motherboard with an additional PCI slot that I can move my PCI serial board to, so that leaves me to use USB to Serial. I just upgraded a computer in our office and moved my old pc (main office PC) over to be our Fusion 360 pc as well as our machine communication pc. So, I don't want to have to purchase another computer if I don't need to (but I have thought about it). I have used a run of the mill USB to serial cable from Amazon. It will send programs out to the machines but will not receive programs from the machines. I figured the pin setup isn't correct so I got a cable that is made for the situation also USB to serial. I plug that cable in and can't get it to work to either send or receive to my machines. I'm at my wits end working with this. I've wasted tons of hours and have spent 2 months trying to get this figured out. I am using the same switch box and same DNC program. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

Current (old setup)
Windows 10 PC
PCI Serial board
Connects to switch box for 4 machines all Fanuc controls

Sending setup 4800 baud, 7/2, Even, Xon/Xoff (this works for all my machines)

Old Setup works great with no issues

New Setup
Windows 10 PC
no serial ports/ no open PCI slots
USB to serial cable needed
Will use the old switch box