586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: YL620-H VFD Setup

I tried the parameters you gave me and it is working now. Unfortunately the potentiometer does not work but I think that might be a hardware issue. I'll try it with the external pot provided to make sure and then check the internal pot and board to make sure there isn't a bad solder connection or something. If I put P0-03=1 then it goes to 400 hz and 24,000 rpm (I think). At least I know how to make it work manually if I need.

Thank you for you help. This is exactly what I needed and was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by hmees View Post
    Thank you. I will try these this afternoon. The value for P1-10=2.92 is what was in the machine. I did not change that.
    This will then be somewhere around 2 to 4, which may get set if you do an auto tune

so first you will have to change this Parameter to P0-01=0 Vector mode

Then for auto tune P1-37=2 this may or may not work, most of these VFD Drives with Auto tune will only work up to 300Hz so give it a try if it completes then it has auto tuned and some Parameters will have changed to suit your spindle

If it does not run well in vector mode, (which it should) just change the (1) Parameter back P0-01=2 V/F Mode
    Mactec54

Last night I put the values in that you suggested, and the spindle seems to be working properly now. I still don't have pot control though but I think this might be a hardware issue. I'm going to try the external pot today to see if it works better and then take a look at the internal board to see if there is an obvious problem. In any case, I can run the thing now manually at least. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Last night I put the values in that you suggested, and the spindle seems to be working properly now. I still don't have pot control though but I think this might be a hardware issue. I'm going to try the external pot today to see if it works better and then take a look at the internal board to see if there is an obvious problem. In any case, I can run the thing now manually at least. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
    It will be a Parameter that needs to be changed for the Pot to work may be more than one I will see what I can find, see if the up / down arrow keys change the speed
    Mactec54

Yes. I figured out that P0-03 needs to be set to 4. It's all working now. Thank you again.

Hello friends, help me set up the frequency converter, I bought 620P and I can't set it up, I did everything as written above, but when the spindle at 12000 rpm shows 231.0 Hz? and at 24,000 rpm it shows 372.6 Hz, I still can't see on the frequency meter screen what revolutions the spindle shows. My spindle is 2.2 kilowatts , 8A? 400hz, 24000 maximum rpm

Yes. I figured out that P0-03 needs to be set to 4. It's all working now. Thank you again.
    Good morning, I have the same spindle and thanks to this post everything appears to be functioning properly. Auto tune gave me a error so I set the vector parameter back. However while it seems to get plenty of speed it doesn't appear to have much torque. I double checked settings against yours and they match up. It wouldn't seem to have enough torque to cut anything as I can stop it with my hand. Any ideas and thanks again for the post I was pretty much lost without it.

I have this VFD. 2.2KW spindle. Set everything up as in this thread. No torque when I make a cut and VFD does not show RPM. Any ideas?? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 12