586,123 active members*
3,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Multicam Machines > HELP PLEASE.. MultiCam 44Plus Stepper Question / Issue / Replacement

HELP PLEASE.. MultiCam 44Plus Stepper Question / Issue / Replacement

So my MultiCam 44Plus z axis stepper appears to have either locked up a bearing OR has a failed phase as when I turned it on it just sits there and hums and vibrates and does not move.

I have tested the Z Axis Wiring from the Z-Axis back down to the drivers in the MultiCam and everything is good there as I hooked it up to the Y Axis Stepper that is of the same type as the Z-Axis..

The Problem I have though is that the Stepper used is no longer made by ANYONE and it seems as if it is very difficult to find.

The Stepper Motor used in my machine is a Superior Electronics/Werner Slo-Syn Stepper Model Number KML092F-102 which as I understand is a 7A, 1.4DC, 610 oz. in, NEMA 34 (90mm frame), 4 wire Stepper..

As I mentioned I can't Find this thing anywhere and those I have found are quite expensive..

Given that on this community there have met a lot of retrofits done to this machine I was wondering if anyone has an idea of a replacement that might work appropriately.

I don't plan on redoing the whole thing I just want to get a running Z-Axis so I am hoping that there is possibly a drop in Stepper that would be something equivalent or at worst possibly get a new driver for the Z axis that would run an appropriately sized Stepper competently.

I unfortunately am not sure what Stepper Drivers are used but I plan on checking that out to see what Amp rating and everything they are and to see if I can't figure out for myself whether a single Driver change / Stepper could be done effectively.

I haven't had to do much work on this machine of this manner except for rebuilds of the spindle and a blown small PSU in the past (Im not sure if that one also runs the steppers) which brings up the question of having to possibly get a larger capacity PSU if I was to upgrade the Driver/Stepper combo.

SO any suggestions, direction, or other help in this manner would be greatly appreciated as the downtime is killing me...

Thank you

Re: HELP PLEASE.. MultiCam 44Plus Stepper Question / Issue / Replacement

I have a slo-sun superior electric stepper Nema34

M092-FD-8109
    200 steps/rev
    2.5v 4.6A
    300 oz in holding torque

I will sell you, it is new Old stock, just never used

Have checked the z screw? they're known to be weak and dirt can lock them up.

Lin Engineering 8718M-34P-01RO dip switches on stepper card are: 1,3,4,5 up, 2,6,7,8 are down