586,062 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas M64 POWER ON issue

Hi there,
    I'm having an intermittent issue when starting my machine. The screen doesn't always start.
    I can see on the PCB, numbers are going up(green circle on the picture).
    It show 1 then 2 then stop "E"
    I need to restart the screen many many times to finally have it to go all the way to 9 and -
    Anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks

FCU6-DUN22
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ced2ric View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm having an intermittent issue when starting my machine. The screen doesn't always start.
    I can see on the PCB, numbers are going up(green circle on the picture).
    It show 1 then 2 then stop "E"
    I need to restart the screen many many times to finally have it to go all the way to 9 and -
    Anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks

FCU6-DUN22
    I was a service tech on Meldas for quite a few years and one of the main reasons for a control not powering on was due the power supply being pulled down to ground or faulty power supply. Check the oltages when not powering on, then disconnect the load side 24vdc from the power supply.

See if it powers on or not.

Re: Meldas M64 POWER ON issue

@servtech can you offer any help on this topic https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mitsu...sue-start.html

I didn't realize @servtech had been an actual Mitsu tech, but that certainly explains his stellar knowledge on many of these issues.... Happy you are here! I am completely self taught through pain, misery, and utter tenacity!

I will vote up servtech's comment about the rails being pulled to ground. RS232 uses 12V (probably one of the few things in the control, actually), and I can tell you from first hand experience that if a simple signal is pulled to ground, it will result in an M3 control turning on for only about 1/4 of a second and then powering down. That threw me for a loop trying to find the reason for the behavior. It turned out that an RS232 adapter was incorrect and that simple little thing resulted in my machine being (temporarily) bricked. So.... yeah, check that power!

Got a new board HR213, the issue is gone. Thanks all