587,080 active members*
3,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Auto tuning

Hybrid View

Re: Auto tuning

Hi,
    you'll find plenty of posts both on this forum and others where newcomers (to servos at least) have bought cheap Chinese servos and very much struggled to set them up
    and tune them in absence of manufacturer supplied software. Its not that its impossible, and if you have some experience already perfect doable....but if you don't
    have that experience to draw on I would suggest the setup and tuning software is required. Your call.

I recognise that it costs extra.

I buy 750w Delta B2 servos for $438 USD plus shipping each. From the same supplier they sell a ToAuto brand, and a 750W servo kit costs $292USD. I still pay the extra, not really because of
    quality concerns, although I do believe Delta better in that regard, but mainly because of setup software. I have on my PC now several setups that I have used on my machine and others.
    When I program a new servo I just grab one of those saved setups and copy and paste, 30 seconds work to set up a new servo. Too easy. You'll not do that with the cheaper servos.

Its your money and your call.

Craig

Hi Joe what you do if you have those chinese serve and want to tune up . My machine is running but my two motor on y are making my gantry a kind of parkinson shake , it going be kind of step that tremble my gantry . I'm in the fog zone , no one to call and see nothing .
    What to do?

Hi,
    both servos must be tuned to be perfectly in synch with each other.

I would try disconnecting one servo, if possible, and tune the master servo. Once you've got the master tuned then apply all those parameters, to the last detail,
    to the slave servo.

Do these servos have any software? If they do then you can save the parameter settings of one servo and clone another. I have done so using Delta servo software,
    it's way convenient.

Craig