586,111 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Rapid Feedrate in Test Mode

Rapid Feedrate in Test Mode

Hello Okuma guys,

Does anyone have an idea if there's a parameter controlling the Feedrate limitation in Test Mode (the one you trigger it with the physical key on the control).
    Normally when you switch from Production Mode to Test Mode there is a limitation but I want to set it lower.
    Control is P200
    Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Re: Rapid Feedrate in Test Mode

hy gunda if you reffer to dry run, please check
    ... other function \ unit amount in dry run
    ... other function \ dry run active in rapid feed
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

I am referring to the Test Mode (as called in the Okuma manuals) that allows for feeding while the door is open (with the safety button pressed of course) and it also decreases the rapid feedrate in comparison to the Production Mode.

In the picture attached the current selection is the Test Mode
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20230406_204128.jpg  

hy gunda i am not sure, since i dont use test mode, but look at " servo sys para ", " manu rapid ... "

please make backup 1st, not only photo, but backup file and test it 1st, because changing one of those parameters also changes other values, and there may be limitations depending on where the machine was located/shiped, and you may have a hard time restoring original values ... thus the menu seems editable, but is not as direct as other menus, and has its inner mind

please double check, search those in manual, so to be sure / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy gunda i am not sure, since i dont use test mode, but look at " servo sys para ", " manu rapid ... "

please make backup 1st, not only photo, but backup file and test it 1st, because changing one of those parameters also changes other values, and there may be limitations depending on where the machine was located/shiped, and you may have a hard time restoring original values ... thus the menu seems editable, but is not as direct as other menus, and has its inner mind

I think you'll find set up 1 and 2 test mode feeds are plc controlled, legally with the door open the feedrate is limited to 2000mm per min or around 80" min. Spindle speed is reduced too.

For bigger machines there is both set up 1 and 2 to allow a test cut by the operator, set up 1 to prove the program.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

I don't see the Servo System parameters page in the list of parameters. Is it locked/hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by gunda View Post
    I don't see the Servo System parameters page in the list of parameters. Is it locked/hidden?
    Machine is a Multus B200-W

hy gunda

for details, please check " RAPID FEEDRATE PARAMETER SETTING FUNCTION " inside special functions manual

for menu hide/unhide, please check youtube chanel " Gosiger West Applications Tips ", video " Okuma Lathe Parameter setup " , time 2:00

please remember to backup 1st your parameters

most simply overide to 30-50%; ain't it enough ? kindly

there should be three speed override knobs on the panel: Cutting feed rate and positioning feed rate. Positioning feed rate override is the one you need, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gunda View Post
    I am referring to the Test Mode (as called in the Okuma manuals) that allows for feeding while the door is open (with the safety button pressed of course) and it also decreases the rapid feedrate in comparison to the Production Mode.

In the picture attached the current selection is the Test Mode
    That is set up mode not dry run with machine lock, the rapid override switch and single block etc should still work as in MDI or auto.

The idea is to test cut a component.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    That is set up mode not dry run with machine lock, the rapid override switch and single block etc should still work as in MDI or auto.

The idea is to test cut a component.
    Thanks for the ideas, I'll test tomorrow and let you know