586,096 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Rabbit 3040 laser cutter with Mach3 ??????

I'm about at the end of my rope with NewlyDraw. I'm willing to overlook the poison pet food and toothpaste, but somebody in China really needs to answer for this terrible software. You can draw stupids little boxes and shapes with text in them right in NewlyDraw and they cut perfectly. Import a dxf into it and it's almost always super tiny and needs to be stretched back to size and then when you cut it you often end up with crazy cuts even though it looks fine on the screen.

Does anyone know how to get this machine working with Mach3? I'll pay whoever can successfully get it working.

I already own Mach3 and SheetCam which I use for my router. ALL my dfx drawings cut perfectly with these two programs,but I can't figure out how to get Mach3 to talk to the laser machine. I'm serious about paying you. I'll paypal $150.00 to anyone who can successfully get this working.

I really have to get some stuff cut for my home business and I don't have months to search the internet and learn the ins and outs in CNC electronics just to cut a few simple shapes. Thanks

Hi, maybe you can cut i f you use lasercut5.0, if the softdog works with this software, About mach3 , i dont think it will work for engraving but it will do for cutting, If you want to try i can send you the software (lasercut) I have two versions.
    Youn can also try to download from corel in AI or PLT. This way I use the lasercut software.
    And yes , this softwares are a pain in the...

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Hi, maybe you can cut i f you use lasercut5.0, if the softdog works with this software, About mach3 , i dont think it will work for engraving but it will do for cutting, If you want to try i can send you the software (lasercut) I have two versions.
    Youn can also try to download from corel in AI or PLT. This way I use the lasercut software.
    And yes , this softwares are a pain in the...
    Thanks. I doubt the NewlyDraw softdog would work for lasercut. Is that what you meant?
    I've been exporting to PLT from Corel and have the same problem as with the DXF. They look perfect on the screen but don't cut right. Some lines are missing, some lines are cut twice and other are cut but not where they are supposed to be.
    And some drawings it cuts perfectly. You never know what's going to happen and I have no idea why.

NewlyDraw does not import AI files. I'm stuck with DXF and PLT. At least the PLT files open full scale but that's not much good if it won't cut it right.

Some where in the forum I saw something about Photograv, did you try it?

Wink Software?

Wish I could help!
    These Chinese programs suck! Not that Lasercut is any better but does the job. Theres got to be a way to upgrade to decent software. Anyone?

If your still interested..... It can be done, but you have to rip out the present stepper controls. The present controls and "newlydraw" or "moshidraw" are more or less that of a plotter that receives HGPL raster information as a "print" from the computer and then goes off and does it on its own.

This disussion is now on another thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=10