586,075 active members*
4,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ATC Spindle sources

I'm looking to upgrade the spindle on my cnc, I'd like an ATC spindle in the 3-5hp range. So far I've found these sources:

G-Penny via Ali-express has a ISO20 2.2kw Watercooled for ~$1500

CNCDepot has a ISO30 3hp for $3600

Mechatron has a ISO20 2.2kW and a BT30 4.5kw, no prices but I'm assuming they are similar or more to the CNCDepot

Teknomotor also has a ISO20 2.2kw spindle. Not much info on them, nor does there seem like they really sell in the US.

Are there any I'm missing here?

Re: ATC Spindle sources

Jianken JGL spindles are great. They also have the JGY spindles which has encoder (rigid tapping) and better torque at lower rpm compared to JGL.

Skickat från min SM-A528B via Tapatalk

Hi,

Mechatron has a ISO20 2.2kW and a BT30 4.5kw, no prices but I'm assuming they are similar or more to the CNCDepot
    I have an 800W Mechatron spindle and have thousands of hour use....I love it. It was not cheap, about twice to three times the price of Chinese made at the time I bought it.

I priced an 2.5kW Mechatron ATC spindle (42000rpm and HSK25 tool interface) and it was 5700 Euro...and that was over a year ago.

When have you ever heard of a quality German made product being sold cheaply???? Mechatron is great, I'd love to buy another spindle from them but they are just so pricy...

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    I priced an 2.5kW Mechatron ATC spindle (42000rpm and HSK25 tool interface) and it was 5700 Euro...and that was over a year ago.
    That seems like a ludicrous price for a spindle, at that price you're approaching the cost of a used CNC, although I suppose not with a 42k spindle.

That seems like a ludicrous price for a spindle,
    Actually, that's what spindles not made in China actually cost.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Actually, that's what spindles not made in China actually cost.
    I'm continually amazed at the crappy tone of posts in this forum.

That's both irrelevant to my point, as well as not true (unless you are claiming CNCDepot's spindles are made in China)

Hi,
    well I don't think you've done your homework, yes Mechatron is expensive, but not ridiculously so. In fact Mechatron, Teknomotor and Colombo are all one tier below the ridiculously
    expensive brands like HSD, AlfredJager and Perske.

If China represents the cheap end of the market and Europe and US is the top end of the market then Taiwan is in that happy middle ground....although I think you'll find
    they are still expensive enough that you won't find them listed at CNCdepot.

Try Royal Spindles, Spinder Spindles, MicroLab Precision among others.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar36 View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade the spindle on my cnc, I'd like an ATC spindle in the 3-5hp range. So far I've found these sources:

G-Penny via Ali-express has a ISO20 2.2kw Watercooled for ~$1500

CNCDepot has a ISO30 3hp for $3600

Teknomotor also has a ISO20 2.2kw spindle. Not much info on them, nor does there seem like they really sell in the US.

Are there any I'm missing here?

We have 3.2KW ATC and 4.5KW ATC in stock in Chicago office

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...les/kl-3200atc

https://www.automationtechnologiesin...s/kl-4500w-atc

Hi,
    when I did my research into this same subject I found that what I could buy from China for $1500- $2500 cost about $4000-$6000 from Taiwan,
    around $7500 for medium spec European/US made and $10,000 plus for top spec European/US made.

Where CNCDepot get their spindles from or where AutomationTechnologies get theirs they do not say, but most probably China.

Craig

CNCDepot say they make them in the USA
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Quote Originally Posted by automationtechinc View Post
    Those look like nice spindles, but it also looks identical to this one, from china for half the price.

Hi,
    that is the problem with resellers is that you never really know where they get their products, but it is what it is.
    None of the spindles that have been discussed here are the el-cheapo bargain basement Chinese DIY models, and thus I would expect all
    and everyone of them to be good. That one should be better than another is inevitable....but none should disappoint either. Pay your money and take your pick.
    I know which one I want....but because I cant afford that I'll have to settle for a lesser one that I can afford.....or go without.

Craig

When I started researching my CNC build a few years ago I had looked at Mechatron, but since I wanted to start with an ATC spindle I didn't want to spend that amount so chose a Jianken as my first one. It is working out well for me as I am new to machining as well so nice to learn on - perhaps on my next build I will look at other manufacturers. I recently came across another German made spindle from a company I had never seen before. One thing thing that seems unique is the amount of customization they offer in their various lines, basically build/configure anything that you want. In case you have not seen them ... https://www.spinogy.de/en/

Hi,

CNCDepot say they make them in the USA
    Hmm.....you'd sort of expect to see a manufacturers nameplate or brand I would have thought.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,

Hmm.....you'd sort of expect to see a manufacturers nameplate or brand I would have thought.

Craig
    I spoke w Alex from CNCDepot at length. Super helpful guy located in USA and their FB shows a lot of inhouse manufacturing in the US. Fyi, they are sold out of their current spindle offerings. The have done some redesigning to the units but I'm not sure exactly what. I think lead time for the new units is end of June. If you have any questions, just call them you, will speak to the owner directly...

Also Fyi, I just bought another Jainken and was hit with a 25% tariff this go around. The first spindle I bought from them in 2020 I didn't get dinged, so I may have just lucked out that time. Any rate, if you're located in US and looking at a Chinese seller, the spindles are subject tariffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Waynekofuco View Post
    I spoke w Alex from CNCDepot.
    He actually has a profile here, although he hasn't posted in almost a decade. Seems like awhile back they were offering some full up CNC machines that had some issues. Looks like they decided to just focus on spindles, which sounds like it was a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by TMToronto View Post
    I recently came across another German made spindle from a company I had never seen before. One thing thing that seems unique is the amount of customization they offer in their various lines, basically build/configure anything that you want. In case you have not seen them ... https://www.spinogy.de/en/
    Recently saw a video on Youtube about them. Their spindles look good, and their X22 spindle is reasonably priced. Well reasonably priced with what appears to be a proprietary "SK20" toolholder. If you get the HSK25 variation it almost doubles in price. I don't know why they don't offer an ISO20 or BT30 option.