I am a newbie..have been for over a year since I've been lurking around and occassionally asking questions for the last year. I was a high school industrial arts teacher and an industrial artist myself of sorts.

Anyhow, I have a 7 and a soon to be 4 year old, so I have been keeping so busy with them, that I resigned from teaching at the end of the year. well it is October and I am bored again..without access to many of the toys I had in my classroom shop such as my Davinci Mill, Techno Lathe,and little vacuum former, etc. Stuff to learn about and teach the children about

Anyhow, I am starting a non-profit organization here in Miami and have several grants in the works to teach 7-10 year olds the basics of robot building and simple machining.

I am in the process of registering as a non-profit and my first order of business will be to build a small mill with which to cut out small acrylic gears the kids can use, etc.

I would appreciate any and all knowledge you may throw my way. Feel free to message me and visit my websites and just generally keep me encouraged. My 7 year old girl is my test subject. Thanks for helping a gal out....

www.machineartinc.org (me the non-profit teacher)
www.machineartgirl.com (me the artist)