586,461 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

IH Mill with extras

Recently purchased an IH DRO with the power feed. Man! It is sooooo nice not to have to crank on that X axis untill I am breathless! The DRO was easy to set up & the few questions that I had about it were answered very quickly by Ken over at SMW precision. A friendly fellow & more than willing to fill you in on all you need to know about the DRO. Gene & his crew have also been real good to help when I needed it.
    Having a blast with this new found hobby.
    Thank you Ken & Gene!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DRO & feed.JPG  

Looks really nice! DROs are well worth it for sure.

Hmm... the wall behind my mill used to be white at one point as well...

The longer I use that machine, the darker the wall is becoming! Hehehehe! Bought a mister that I am having fun with. Even using that, things get wet & dirty. I would hate to see what happens when flood is used. :drowning:
    Would definitely have to enclose the gear for sure.

Jealousy

Jealousy is a wonderful thing. If that is a 40 inch table the IH mill must be big. wow! Now I really have to get me one.

good luck
    Oltimer

Congrats on the new mill. I love the IH mills and when I get my shop built(which could be a couple of years from now:-( ) I planned to get one. I have a question for ya, where I work nites, we have 2 bridgeports, one with power feed, the other without. On your powerfeed can you manually turn the x axis just by grabbing the handle and turning or do you have to engage the manual turning? Like on the Bridgeport, you have to kinda spin the handle until you feel it engage. It is nice to have one with powerfeed(great for facing big chunks of metal) and one without which is great for precision drilling using the DRO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
    Congrats on the new mill. I love the IH mills and when I get my shop built(which could be a couple of years from now:-( ) I planned to get one. I have a question for ya, where I work nites, we have 2 bridgeports, one with power feed, the other without. On your powerfeed can you manually turn the x axis just by grabbing the handle and turning or do you have to engage the manual turning? Like on the Bridgeport, you have to kinda spin the handle until you feel it engage. It is nice to have one with powerfeed(great for facing big chunks of metal) and one without which is great for precision drilling using the DRO.

The IH is set up so that all you have to do is grab the crankhandle on the end of the table opposite the power feed & crank away. No problems & easy to do.

Thats cool, I always wondered if the other power feeds were like the bridgeport as far as getting it to move manually.

Could have never done this one with any accuracy without the DRO. That thing is really handy!
    Getting to the point that I hate doing anything now without the mister on also. Glad I bought a gallon of mixture for it!!!!!
    Mmmm..BTW, I envy you boys with the CNC gear on your mills. I am having to make 12 of these little jewels & my back is starting to hurt after doing 6 of `em! Hehehe!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000194.JPG   P1000205.JPG