586,103 active members*
3,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 1000 Acramatic 2100 Control Startup Problems
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 1000 Acramatic 2100 Control Startup Problems

You need to use your Control Diagrams 9120xxxxy to figure out the test points to measure the Brake Voltage going to the Z-Brake after the drives are started with no Foldback.
    If you reloaded the machine parameters or switched the software without making a backup *.BCK file; then you may have lost them.
    This could cause improper drive settings in the control that could cause the drives to imbalance a nd shut down with an Overcurrent (Foldback) Alarm.
    Uninstall backs up the current Machine Data Parameter file onto the hard drive; but if you did other things before it may have been wiped or corrupted.
    Talk to Biil-O who retires End of June....

I've managed to get the drives to turn on properly by going through and fixing some of the settings that were reset. I also reinstalled the software from a floppy that came with the machine that was the most recent. It now will go through the alignment cycle, but at the end alarm 39-2 pops up saying: Y Axis TPA/Home Failure.

I ran the align cycle while viewing the i/o board display in programware. It shows that the Z, Y, then X axis all feed until they hit their TPA switch (turning the inputs on). Then, it moves off and slowly feeds until the TPA switches trigger again (all 3 still turn on). Finally, it rapidly moves all 3 axis off and back onto the TPA switches, but the Y switch does not turn back on.

You will need to adjust the "Align Trim" value for the Y-Axis. After the fault you can zero the handwheel;
    then activate the Y-Axis handwheel and slowly move the Y-axis using .001" increments until the switch makes; then goe .010" further.
    If you go more than .100" from when the TPA switch closes, you could trip the overtravel switch; which kills the drives.
    After adjusting the trim incrementally from what it was and "Committing" it; you'll need to realign the axes to see if the fault clears itself.
    Once you get the machine to align with no faults use rapid traverse override and feedrate pot, and "Distance to Go" to
    perform an air tool change with no tool in the pocket. Stop with "feedhold" if the distance to go show it will crash into the tool drum
    when moving Z-axis down! Also the key in the spindle should be pointing to the right at 3 O'Clock,
    I this look good try a real tool change with a tool.
    If all looks good make a new Backup BCK file to save your changes onto the hard drive, and one to the applicable Floppy, RS232, or Ethernet drive;
    off the machine for safe keeping.

I have managed to get the Mill up and running again. I had to revert to some old settings that were on a floppy drive, but it fixed the issues. Weirdly, it seems the settings were for an arrow 500, so I had to go through all the settings and put them back to the correct values based on a printout I have. It struggled with homing initially and I had to play with some of the homing values in each of the axis to make sure the encoder found its home position.

All seems to be working now, but for some reason, the door lock won't unlatch. The only time it does is when I increment the tool changer when the spindle is empty. It looks like it tries to hold the spindle at the zero degree position when the door is closed. Must be a setting somewhere that I need to fix. If anyone knows what it might be, let me know.

Believe I fixed the door issue. The runoff setting for the tool changer was on which prevented programs from starting (alarm 39-58). Once I fixed that setting, the door unlocks like before.

Thanks for the responses gwood! I didn't see that the thread had looped to a second page, so I'm only reading the last few just now, but they are still very helpful!

Page 2 of 2 12