586,052 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

cmc plasma help!!!!!

hi all

I've built myself a cnc plasma table using the open builds products, my table runs fine (dry run to check placement on table) up until the point when I turn the plasma cutter on and then go start operation.

most of the time just sparks for the initial piercing op and then freezes and keeps cutting in one spot and locks the program up, other times on piercing ill get a limit switch error code or a to many lines of code error yet I'm only cutting a basic 2" circle.

it is a hf start machine but is marketed as a cmc safe machine but I'm hoping to convert it to a blowback or pilot arc start but im un sure on if I can just plug in a new torch it has a central connector

cheers Lucas

Re: cmc plasma help!!!!!

You haven't posted specific details about your system, but one thing that comes to mind -- as your system "runs fine dry", that the electrical discharge [noise] created by the plasma cutter is interfering with the control system. For instance, see this earlier thread: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasm...84980-cnc.html

Re: cmc plasma help!!!!!

what info would you like

Re: cnc plasma help!!!!!

I would try blowback plasma cutter to see if its any better.
    It’s really difficult to deal with HF interferences.