586,100 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Wiring cnc control cabinet with 220 volt

Wiring cnc control cabinet with 220 volt

Ok this is what I'm trying to do and I need some advice....I have a pm727v that I have converted to cnc with closed loop steppers and now I have added or want to add a dyn4 servo drive and 1.0kw servo motor for the spindle. So right now my setup is running off of 120 volts that runs my power supplys for the steppers as well as the pc that runs centroid acorn..etc I need 220 volts for the new dyn 4 servo driver . I have the wiring for the dyn4 part of the setup I just need to know what is the best way to wire the 120 volt for the current setup as well as the addition. I have already installed a 30 amp breaker just for the machine at the main breaker box on the wall so... should I run the 30 amp 220 to the control box and there break it down to 120 ?? And for this I will need the pe ground as well as the 2 hoys and neutral correct ??? Can anyone help me on this i just need some pointers on which way to go

Re: Wiring cnc control cabinet with 220 volt

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    Ok this is what I'm trying to do and I need some advice....I have a pm727v that I have converted to cnc with closed loop steppers and now I have added or want to add a dyn4 servo drive and 1.0kw servo motor for the spindle. So right now my setup is running off of 120 volts that runs my power supplys for the steppers as well as the pc that runs centroid acorn..etc I need 220 volts for the new dyn 4 servo driver . I have the wiring for the dyn4 part of the setup I just need to know what is the best way to wire the 120 volt for the current setup as well as the addition. I have already installed a 30 amp breaker just for the machine at the main breaker box on the wall so... should I run the 30 amp 220 to the control box and there break it down to 120 ?? And for this I will need the pe ground as well as the 2 hoys and neutral correct ??? Can anyone help me on this i just need some pointers on which way to go
    Better use same input voltage and same phase for the motors and driver and stepper.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html