I had been using Mach3 on WindowsXP machine thru a parallel port interface to a C10 breakout board. It worked flawlessly for years, until the PC died. I then transitioned to a windowsXP netbook using a USB connected UC100 smooth stepper interface. That works well as long as the USB connector never gets jiggled during operation, which causes a loss of sync, which requires a restart of Mach3. I have run dozens of programs with run times of a few minutes to several hours with great success, no loss steps or fails.

Knowing that the netbook is a temporary solution I have tried using Mach3 on a Windows 10 OS desktop using the UC100 smooth stepper. I have no end of issues of problems with corrupting .xml definitions. A profile might work for several different programs and then every other time I have to delete the profile and make a new one to get it to work. The corruption might be exhibited by a failure to connect with UC100, or MDI inputs might not be recognized. Or gcode execution might only proceed to spindle on and no movement. The PC is not being used to do any other activity while running Mach3. I tried the fastest kernal clock speed and the slowest kernel speed with no difference.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the Windows 10 operating environment work reliably with Mach3?

Would going to an ethernet smooth motion controller help?

Or is it time for me to change to a different control software like Mach4 or something else?

Thanks,
Kirk