586,100 active members*
3,115 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > CNC Router Troubleshooting - Checker pattern

CNC Router Troubleshooting - Checker pattern

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has seen this before or would be able to point me in the right direction. I bought a CNC router from ACCTEK in china, and from day one, I've been getting this checker pattern on the surface. I added a aluminum fixture plate to the table and faced it. When i did this pattern came up. I machined some plastic parts and the same pattern appeared on the parts... any idea what could cause this? I have already replaced the x axis ball screw.... i thinking it might be a software issue since its so uniform....

Re: CNC Router Troubleshooting - Checker pattern

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group and was hoping someone has seen this before or would be able to point me in the right direction. I bought a CNC router from ACCTEK in china, and from day one, I've been getting this checker pattern on the surface. I added a aluminum fixture plate to the table and faced it. When i did this pattern came up. I machined some plastic parts and the same pattern appeared on the parts... any idea what could cause this? I have already replaced the x axis ball screw.... i thinking it might be a software issue since its so uniform.... any advise would be most welcome.

Thank you

Damian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220321_213754.jpg   20220321_213925.jpg  

Some pictures would help. How deep is the pattern? What are you using for a toolpath?

Without seeing any pictures I'd guess that its a rigidity issue with spindle twisting slightly when it guns from left to right and then twisting the opposite when cutting right to left such that one side of the cutter is slightly deeper with one pass than the other.

Thank you for your reply, can you see the pictures of the fixture plate in the post above? I can see them on my end, not sure if its public or somehow hidden.

I see what you mean. Thought that would only happen when you are switching direction... right...? Or would it do the same thing when its constantly moving in the same direction?

I've attached another picture where you can see the Aluminum fixture plate with the checker pattern and also trying to machine plastic and the same pattern is happening. This was with a new endmill....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small CNC differnt endmill.jpg  

I don't see any pictures in either of your posts.