586,069 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LaserCut 5.0 and Windows Vista?

Anyone manage to run Lasercut 5.o under Windows Vista? I'm thinking of installing it on my computer but am not really convinced yet because of the software incompatibility issues. Me and a few million other users of XP I suppose.

Thanks, David

Use XP the software has some problems that you will find but works better in XP. For Corel use 12 not X3
    Good luck , we wait for your comments.....

Dont Even Try It!

I spend hours and money trying to figure out what the problems was till I figured out Vista is not compatible at all with lasercut 5.0. Hopefully later in the future (now) they come out with a solution.

now I find out. My work computer is Vista and so the laptop, dont like it prefer XP. This is annoying = €€€

Thanks, just as I thought (ramples off topic)

There seems to be a LOT of resistance to using Vista in the business/production world where stability, not flashy features is the benchmark. I have friends who are graphic artists who use OSX and Windows on Iintel based Core 2 duo Macs. OSX is now more stable and much more elegant than Windows because it is simply a front end GUI to good old stable Unix.

Now, if Mac made OSX run natively on x86, PC's, they could wipe out Microsoft and take a huge market share. Yes, there would be initial software incompatibility issues but, you could run those under XP which would run in a window. I don't think they would do it though, they like to cling onto their proprietary hardware.

Just can't bring myself to pay what they ask for their machines and,I just can't bring myself to talk to their clubby, coffehouse, salespeople who think it's really cool that Mac runs Windows but, "too wierd" to run OSX on a PC.

It's just the way Apple decided to play. BTW, welcome to last year Lots of Macs out there are running on Intel CPU at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    It's just the way Apple decided to play. BTW, welcome to last year Lots of Macs out there are running on Intel CPU at the moment
    I must say, secretly, as an industrial designer, I do envy the build quality and high design standards of Mac hardware. Although, they have run a bit hot till now, not sure if the new laptops do. I'm really disappointed with Microsoft and how they dropped the ball with Vista. They even had OSX to copy or at least use as a benchmark but they are so conceited that they believed they were RIGHT; a recipe for disaster in business unless you have really deep pockets, which they do certainly have. They can afford to keep messing up for decades still. A really depressing thought.

When did that cool forward looking software company of the late 80's and early 90's become the myopic giant of the 2000's?

I suppose, as Bill Gates himself said " Success is a bad teacher".

Quote Originally Posted by glintid View Post
    Anyone manage to run Lasercut 5.o under Windows Vista? I'm thinking of installing it on my computer but am not really convinced yet because of the software incompatibility issues. Me and a few million other users of XP I suppose.

Thanks, David
    Hi david , I have Lasercut software and it does run on Vista even though some say it doesnt. All I did was simply copy the software files from CD to the hard drive amd it opens up fine. I am however having a problem with an invalid port number error which is a driver issue I believe..I am running my engraver via serial port, same for you as well or are you running yours via USB?

Quote Originally Posted by terry32506 View Post
    Hi david , I have Lasercut software and it does run on Vista even though some say it doesnt. All I did was simply copy the software files from CD to the hard drive amd it opens up fine. I am however having a problem with an invalid port number error which is a driver issue I believe..I am running my engraver via serial port, same for you as well or are you running yours via USB?
    Hi Terry, I'm running mine on USB and haven't tried Vista with that software agin. Although, I suspect they will have to come out with a Visa compatible version of this software because Xp has been officially discontinued.

Thanks, David
    Hi David, I am running the Lasercut software on Vista and have no problems...Have you got yours going? If not I can help you out if need be so.

Terry

Thanks, David

Hi,

I am also running LaserCut on Vista. I can't say I have had a single problem related to Vista, or for that matter, any computer related problems.
    I am running LaserCut 5.1 though. It on a Rabbit 9060 60W machine with USB. I also use Corel 12.

I have the laptop next to my laser and I have networked it to my PC where I keep all my image files.

Hope this helps

Dave.

I have LaserCut 5.3 and Windows 7, wich is the last one after Vista, the only way you can use the program is if you right click the lasercut icon PROPERTIES and go to COMPABILITY and check mark the WINDOWS XP COMPABILITY and it should work

I sell chinese laser machines in the USA.. We sell Rabbit laser brand.. same brand as our main US competitor selling Chinese machine, but better than all other Chinese makers..

www. scottware.net

I am using Windows Vista from my laptop. My laptop PC is a few years old.. The Vista version is Home Premium SP1. It controls the laser machines with no problem... We always give away a free computer system with each laser machine that we sell. The computers are always Dell optiplex series with Windows XP.. It has been "rock solid".

Ray Scott
    Scottware.net
    3503 Carol Ann Lane
    Middletown, OH 45044

check us out on the web at http://www.scottware.net

Quote Originally Posted by ArturoV View Post
    I spend hours and money trying to figure out what the problems was till I figured out Vista is not compatible at all with lasercut 5.0. Hopefully later in the future (now) they come out with a solution.
    If your able to connect your engraving machine through serial port connection then it will work fine with Vista or if you want another alternative you can right click on the executable, go to properties and select compatibility and change it to xp, either method works fine.

laser cut software just can be add from windows 98 to windows xp.
    windows vista is in fashion and the laser cut software company is finding how to let their software compatible with windows vista now, but unfortunatelly, it can not compatible now.

Apple computer can not compatible with laser cut software too, even apple computer with windows system.

I am laser machine manufacture in china.

I hope laser cut company will solve the upwards problem in the future.

Best Regards,
    Cici
    [email protected]
    www.wklaser.com

LG 900 and LaserCut on Windows 7

Hello! Does enyone know if I can instal my LG 900 machine on windows 7? The same thing I want to know for LaserCut. Where from can I download LaserCut 5.3 ? Thank you for answers.

Leetro company (http://www.leetro.com/english/index.htm)
    had already start test lasercut software and windows 7.
    their software engineer had stay at our factory from last week.

But still in testing , they can not give us a final result now.

If i know the result, i will show at this web as soon as possible.

Cici
    www.wklaser.com

Hello Cici,
    Why I can't download from your website some kind of driver or enythig else? I need a password I think. How can I have this password? Thank you.

Cristian