586,114 active members*
3,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > New (x86 win 10) PC for OMAX 55100 - Won't recognize USB controller ?

Question New (x86 win 10) PC for OMAX 55100 - Won't recognize USB controller ?

Hi all

We have been running a slow, old PC with our OMAX Waterjet 55100.

We decided it was time to upgrade, but we're on a budget - so we bought a 64bit newer machine and zeroed it out, installed Win 10 32bit OS.

I installed INTELLIMax software and tried to connect USB - but the control box isn't lighting up.

Currently I have checked all the drivers and run all windows updates to get it up to date as suggested by this OMAX page (https://sweng.omax.com/ReadMe_Files/...ForMachineTool)

Still not able to get it to recognize the USB connection or install any drivers for the USB controller.

Can anyone please give me any suggestions for a solution for this?
    Thank you!

Re: New (x86 win 10) PC for OMAX 55100 - Won't recognize USB controller ?

Hi what year is your machine, take a look inside the back door of the computer control cabinet, does it have a black USB 5 axis controller attached to the top of the door. If so then this will only run on a 32 bit PC

Thanks

Hey neil, thanks for responding. We put a 32 bit operating system on it, which should work according to OMAX. Am I mistaken? The hardware is x64 but we put x86 (32bit) Windows 10 on it.

Hi

Ok no problem.

Did your old pc have a cable coming from the back going to a white plug? If so then this is the power supply for the USB controller, failing that you should have a separate power supply mounted in the cabinet or on the back door to power the usb controller.
    If you have no power light on the usb controller then this maybe that the firmware isn't loaded correctly check in make go to help and look at about this should give you the firmware version.

Quote Originally Posted by neil76 View Post
    Hi

Ok no problem.

Did your old pc have a cable coming from the back going to a white plug? If so then this is the power supply for the USB controller, failing that you should have a separate power supply mounted in the cabinet or on the back door to power the usb controller.
    If you have no power light on the usb controller then this maybe that the firmware isn't loaded correctly check in make go to help and look at about this should give you the firmware version.

I checked this out, and you're right - there's an issue with the firmware and/or the drivers.
    I took a screenshot of what it displays:

Also, tried installing the drivers from the dpinst application within program files / omax corp / omax layout and make / drivers - this didn't change what the screenshotted prompt reads. I also ran UpdateOMAXDrivers and that had the same visible impact on that about system prompt - zero change.

How do you suggest we get the right drivers installed? I presume the firmware is within the controller itself? When we hook up the old PC, it still works to control the waterjet, so I presume the firmware itself is fine - but please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails driver firmware.jpg  

Hi David

Take a look at your old pc, what version software are you running, as the latest version is not compatible with the 5 axis controller system, we may need to roll the software back, feel free to DM me and I can help you out with this.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neil76 View Post
    Hi David

Take a look at your old pc, what version software are you running, as the latest version is not compatible with the 5 axis controller system, we may need to roll the software back, feel free to DM me and I can help you out with this.

Cheers
    turns out we have 32 patch #2 on our old machine

We don't have the admin password for the old machine, and asking for it from the machine's broker hasn't gotten us anywhere. So, I was able to export the old settings, but not able to import them to the new machine - but I don't think that was going to be the solution anyway.

Thanks for your help, we're looking forward to using the new computer. The old one hangs a lot lol

No problem, you can drop me a private message though CNC zone and the I could give you my email address, maybe we could then get the 32.2 set-up on your new pc
    Cheers