Not sure. Never installed one. This is what I think will work. I bought a LD4B turret. Chinese one so not expensive. Its on the boat now and about 6 weeks away. I was quite keen to have a wiring diagram to come with it but only have the basic idea until it arrives. As I understand it the unit comes with a 3ph motor reverse relay, a "tool locked" output, and a hall sensor outout for each position - total 4 positions.

I am using Mach 3 Turn with a cheap Chinese BOB. I will say, the BOB I am using is cheap, but its robust. Only issues I found were on my router when I ran out of inputs and outputs. So I have put this together for my tool change with limited pins. My plans are to wire this as the attached diagram will show. One attachment is complete, the other is just for a single tool change example.

Is anyone keen to take a quick look at my design? If the design appears sound, well it does to me now, I am going to attempt to write my own macro for it. Its a shame Mach 3 and Mach 4 don't both use LUA huh? This below is my configuration, and a written sequence of operations. I will also be adding into my macro the normal stuff like recording position before moving to the toolchange etc - you know, the fine tuning. That will come later when I am sending my attempt at a script. The pins are just what I am thinking but it should work. Where the selection process goes, I only have a few inputs on my BOB. So I plan to use a relay set to filter out which tool is the one selected.

Make sense? Or only making sense to me? haha

I guess if this is not sound design do jump in before I spend hours trying to write an M6

Config:
Outputs:
Call Tool 1 to BOB Output #4 Pin 6
Call Tool 2 to BOB Output #5 Pin 7
Call Tool 3 to BOB Output #6 Pin 8
Call Tool 4 to BOB Output #7 Pin 9
All pins 6,7,8,9 will output to FWD on Turret motor
Output #8 Pin #10 to REV on Turret motor

Inputs:
Pin 14 – Selected tool in position on Turret.
Pin 15 – Selected tool locked.

Tool change called T4 (example).
1. Set current position.
2. Set G92
3. X and Z to 0
4. Check old tool to new tool
5. If new tool confirmed – send output to pin #9 (T4) Energise both K1 and K6
6. K1 Energised, Turret spins.
7. K6 relay energised allowing only tool #4 sensor through to BOB input. This is what selects which tool.
8. When tool #4 hall sensor energises, BOB Input Pin 14 receives signal tool #4 is in place.
9. Pin #9 deactivated. K1 and K6 de-energised.
10. Pin #10 activated. Output #8 activated. Relay K2 activated. Turret reverses.
11. Wait maybe.
12. Turret locked. Turret locked signal to Pin 14.
13. Pin #10 deactivated. Output #8 deactivated. Relay K2 deactivated.
14. Tool change finished.
15. Get back to work.