586,114 active members*
3,199 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > UltimateBee and IHSV57 servo's combo!

UltimateBee and IHSV57 servo's combo!

Hello!

So...I ordered Ultimate Bee cnc router from bulkman3d. I chose following package - Controller: UC300; Motors: IHSV57 servo's (for Z axis there is closed loop stepper); spindle: 2.2kW, watercooled.
    I got the package last weekend and started to assemble. I'm half way through mechanical assemble, and everything seems fine - no parts missing, extrusions are very good, plates are straight and so on.
    After the weekend, when I saw all the electronic components I noticed, that the motor drivers have more connections. So I started to look for some wiring diagrams. Bulkman3d only has guide for steppers - ok, no big deal, I said to myself, I'll just write an e-mail to bulkman3d support. And while I was happy with the parts quality, I am definitely not happy about their support - there is no support. I wrote them monday, still no answer.
    So I really need some help with these servo's. I found info on printNC (https://wiki.printnc.info/en/electronics/Servos) that I can just wire the power, PUL+/- and DIR+/- like on a stepper, and it should be good, plus I can connect the alarm pins, so if servo goes in alarm mode, then UC300's E-stop will be activated, which is, in my opinion, very handy. So wiring it the same way as steppers should be all right? Maybe someone can share their wiring, if anyone even has this kind of combo for ultimatebee?
    Also, while looking for the wiring solution, i stumbled across some posts, that state, that these servos should be tuned, prior to configuration in mach3. And again - I have no clue about what exaclty I have to tune, and I don't know how much microsteps to use, and I have no idea what parameters I should put up in mach3. Can someone please help me? Preferably someone, who has done all this servo install by themselves, I'm afraid I'll hit a dead end with these servo's.

Ofcourse, i'm new in DIY CNC's. I work with cnc's in my job, for the last year, but that is no diy.

Also, sorry if my english is bad - not my native language.

Thanks in advance! I will appreciate any help from you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isettheZwrong View Post
    Hello!

So...I ordered Ultimate Bee cnc router from bulkman3d. I chose following package - Controller: UC300; Motors: IHSV57 servo's (for Z axis there is closed loop stepper); spindle: 2.2kW, watercooled.
    I got the package last weekend and started to assemble. I'm half way through mechanical assemble, and everything seems fine - no parts missing, extrusions are very good, plates are straight and so on.
    After the weekend, when I saw all the electronic components I noticed, that the motor drivers have more connections. So I started to look for some wiring diagrams. Bulkman3d only has guide for steppers - ok, no big deal, I said to myself, I'll just write an e-mail to bulkman3d support. And while I was happy with the parts quality, I am definitely not happy about their support - there is no support. I wrote them monday, still no answer.
    So I really need some help with these servo's. I found info on printNC (https://wiki.printnc.info/en/electronics/Servos) that I can just wire the power, PUL+/- and DIR+/- like on a stepper, and it should be good, plus I can connect the alarm pins, so if servo goes in alarm mode, then UC300's E-stop will be activated, which is, in my opinion, very handy. So wiring it the same way as steppers should be all right? Maybe someone can share their wiring, if anyone even has this kind of combo for ultimatebee?
    Also, while looking for the wiring solution, i stumbled across some posts, that state, that these servos should be tuned, prior to configuration in mach3. And again - I have no clue about what exaclty I have to tune, and I don't know how much microsteps to use, and I have no idea what parameters I should put up in mach3. Can someone please help me? Preferably someone, who has done all this servo install by themselves, I'm afraid I'll hit a dead end with these servo's.

Ofcourse, i'm new in DIY CNC's. I work with cnc's in my job, for the last year, but that is no diy.

Also, sorry if my english is bad - not my native language.

Thanks in advance! I will appreciate any help from you guys!!!

Hey did you do it ?