586,100 active members*
2,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MOUSE POINTER SIZE

I have been using Partmaster Cad for quite a while now. I have a large 24" flat monitor which makes for a nice big viewing area of any drawing that make.

BUT...

The mouse pointer little box is kinda hard to see for an old guy like me. Is there a way to increase the size of it. I am still using Windows 7 which works fine, so if it isn't broke don't fix it is my theory. I can't be the only one with this issue but I tried to find a way to make it larger but I am stumped.

Thanks;

Jack

Re: MOUSE POINTER SIZE

Hello Jack,

We use the standard windows mouse size.

You can changes this in the Windows settings

ATb
    Andre

I don't have a Windows 7 machine to experiment with, but often pointer size is considered an "accessibility" function. Various sites have pages discussing Windows 7 accessibility features, but this one has a PDF that seems useful, and can easily be "saved" to your system if you choose to do so:

https://www.leegov.com/ada/Documents...s7Features.pdf

Go to Control panel - Mouse - Pointers - Scheme. Select one of the "Large" or "Extra large" schemes and click Apply.

Thanks

I did that and YES the pointer got a lot bigger. While I was pointing at the tool buttons it was much larger, BUT as soon as I moved to the drawing area it changes to the little small square, in my case about an 1/8" square. I have a very large monitor and I am using the highest resolution but maybe that is my problem. Maybe I just need new glasses but the VA says I can't get a new pair until the end of the year.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jack7709 View Post
    Thanks

I did that and YES the pointer got a lot bigger. While I was pointing at the tool buttons it was much larger, BUT as soon as I moved to the drawing area it changes to the little small square, in my case about an 1/8" square. I have a very large monitor and I am using the highest resolution but maybe that is my problem. Maybe I just need new glasses but the VA says I can't get a new pair until the end of the year.

Jack
    What about changing the screen resolution...
    Changing it down would make everything seem larger, including the cursor.

Hi resolution is not for daily use, and it will damage your eyes. Long term trigers damage beyond repair

Decrease resolution, adjust toolbars to only necesary, and increase distance from monitor, at least 3..4 diagonals

Pause 10 5 or at least 3 minutes each hour, and look in the distance, as eyes will rest if what they see is not in near focus.

Your request for bigger pointer may be an early sign of something
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    Hi resolution is not for daily use, and it will damage your eyes. Long term trigers damage beyond repair
    Too late for us older guys, only solution is stronger glasses. Or make the on-screen info larger, including the cursor.

Decrease resolution, adjust toolbars to only necesary, and increase distance from monitor, at least 3..4 diagonals

Pause 10 5 or at least 3 minutes each hour, and look in the distance, as eyes will rest if what they see is not in near focus.

Your request for bigger pointer may be an early sign of something
    Get real Kitty.... See earlier response

I did take the resolution down one notch and that seemed to help quite a bit. Problem solved, and I only need glasses to drive I can still see very good up close.

Thanks for all of the suggestions

Jack