586,103 active members*
3,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > WTB- basic engraved brass sheet/plaques (cheap?)

Smile WTB- basic engraved brass sheet/plaques (cheap?)

Hi,
    I've been on here a while in the cnc forums, but this is my first visit to the engraving section- hope this post is okay.

I'm getting my own business started on a shoestring budget, while still trying to hang onto my day job (for now). They own all the patents that I've acquired through the years, and I would like to get a collection of them printed and mounted on something presentable while I create a new office for my business. I don't really need full service as I can manage most of the work myself, but I don' t have access to a laser engraver either, so that I will need some help with (though I can also provide materials).

It sounds like the process in most cases is comparable to just printing out some copies (depending on the machine). If that's the case, I was hoping it wouldn't be too much trouble for someone to print a few out without too much cost or trouble.

Something along the lines of this:
    http://www.patentplaques.com/store/i..._lgcollege.jpg

Depending on the cost, I'd like to do maybe 6-12 of them. Someone familar with making these plaques would be ideal, but I'd welcome any newcomers (like me) to help also- provided you can arrive at the same result.

Thanks very much for any help!
    -kevin:cheers:

I have an older Newing Hall rotary engraving machine that I am going to sell. Pm me if your interested [email protected]

Also if you do a search on the net you can find some aluminum materials that work well in the inkjet machines. Plaques are easy to purchase on line as well, so you basically could do it all yourself. Hope this helps

Actually, I've got a situation worked out that I think is going to work quite well for me. The only catch is that I need to supply the artwork myself, which is going to be a little tricky. I'd rather not do it from scratch and so am about to post again with that request. Buying my own machine would not be a good option for me right now either, but thank you for the offer!
    Any suggestions on acquiring artwork templates would be appreciated!
    -kevin