I have been researching lasers to buy a new one and I have narrowed it down to the Thunder Laser 35-80 (https://www.thunderlaserusa.com/machine/nova-35/) and the Trotec R400 (https://rayjetshop.troteclaser.com/s...language=en_US) because I need something I can get within the next 30 days and something that can both engrave (80% of my use-case) and cut (15% of my use case, and nothing more than 1/4"). Per my local Trotec rep, I can have one delivered within two weeks, and Thunder Laser said it should be no more than three.

On paper, the lasers look very similar and the price for each is about identical, with the main differences (to my novice eye) being the larger bed of the R400 (41" x 25" vs. 35" x 24" for the Nova 35) and the wattage difference (R400 is 100W, Nova 35 is 80W).

I assume, but cannot find proof, the R400, at its price point, is not made in Austria, but in China, though it does come backed by Trotec.

For anyone out there who is much more knowledgeable than I, please let me know if there are any appreciable differences in these two machines. Please also offer up any other suggestions, though Aeon Nova is out of the question because they are claiming deliveries for units purchased now won't be until late October. My use-case is below, and my budget is $15k.

Use-Case:

80% of use will be engraving corporate logos into hardwood.

15% of use will be cutting 1/4" (or smaller) acrylic.

5% of use will be engraving 1/4" (or smaller" acrylic.

I need at least 25" of working space on either the X- or Y-axis, as well as at least 5" of Z-axis clearance, but I have no plans to ever make use of a pass-through.

Will probably be run 20 to 30 hours per week.

Size is not an issue.

Will be used in a workshop in Texas that has fans but is not air conditioned (average temperature in the mid to high 80's, though it has been in the 90's the last few weeks due to the heat).

I would like to stay under $15k unless there is an overwhelming and compelling reason to spend more.

Please, laser gods of this forum, save me from myself and help me make a decision.