586,094 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Looking for applications training resources for general industrial laser cutting

Looking for applications training resources for general industrial laser cutting

Hello,
    I am new to industrial lasers and we have recently commissioned a 2kW Amada Quattro CO2 laser. The plan is to use the laser to cut both mild steel and alloyed materials including M42, M2, some cromoly alloys such as 4130, AR500, and the usual mild sheet. After thoroughly exhausting google and sending several requests to laser service folks, I have yet to find a good source for applications training.

I do have digital copies of a couple of books, Laser Cutting Guide for Manufacturing by Caristan and Powell's CO2 Laser Cutting. Both are very nice but lack practical application know how that comes with experience.
    So in short I'm looking to knock a little time off the learning curve.
    Any suggestions from experienced laser operators and applications engineers?

Hello
    Sent me an email
    [email protected]
    Good luck

Re: Looking for applications training resources for general industrial laser cutting

Quote Originally Posted by norin1373 View Post
    Hello
    Sent me an email
    [email protected]
    Good luck
    Ask it here, answer it here. That's what forums are for, to spread the knowledge.

Mark